CNET Editors' review
This could be a useful monitoring tool for laptop users, but it falls short of expectations. If this program worked well, you'd see TML's basic interface only once. After install, you'll need to first register for a username and password at the publisher's Web site. However, we found that we had to enter our username and password every time we restarted our system.
If you're connected to the Internet, when you enter your username and password and click Test Connection, you'll receive a confirmation message and the option to Go Silent. Choosing that option should hide the program, but some of our testers had difficulty getting the program to accept Silent Mode. The program oddly saved a text file with the tester's username and the word silent. If you try restarting TML, the program fails to show an install dialog, but adds a process that uses about 12,000KB of memory. The program checks in at seemingly random times to update your laptop's current IP address. It lists the IP address, and the time of check-in, but the time format is Coordinated Universal Time and there's no option to pick another time format.
The major problem with this application is that a thief isn't going to enter your username and password to enable IP logging. Another downside is you must depend on the TML staying live. Also, there isn't a simple way to uninstall the application from your system. The bottom line is that there are too many problems to recommend this freeware as a way to help safeguard your laptop.
TML is a free software service that provide you with a extra defense against thiefs. As we all know, we may need all the stuff we can get our hands on to stop them. This service is free of charge and all you will have to do is to register on our Web site and download the software. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Make your program retrieve geographic location information on s...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- View and manage Windows services.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Retrieve and display funny and silly jokes on your desktop.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Build your company's Web drive service.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Build trust between you and the people visiting your site.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect privacy of your digital products.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Search for popular file formats and schedule regular indexing r...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Skip ads, pop-ups, slow images, and Flash, or load them later, ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect network and Web site failures right away.
- Monitor up to 10 different Web sites.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Comment and discuss any Web page or URL on the Internet.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1