From Florent Pillet:
Sync Buddy is a backup install and photo management tool for Mac OS X users with Palm OS handhelds. Providing worry-free backups, installs and pictures management, Sync Buddy lets you reclaim control of your handheld. It complements the standard synchronization by giving you direct access to your handheld's contents.
Sync Buddy is not a replacement for the desktop software. Basic synchronization (address book, memo, etc) is still done through your preferred desktop software. You can (and should) still use Palm Desktop.
Flat and hierarchical file listings:
Sync Buddy displays your handheld's files in either a flat form (all files together) or a hierarchical directory that encloses each application and its data file(s) in a separate folder. Backup files can be stored on your computer using the same arrangement, so it's always easy to find what you need. You can also display and backup files in a flat manner, according to your taste and needs.
Use the Full Backup command to back up all of your Palm handheld's contents, including third-party files and databases for the built-in applications, or use the Incremental Backup command to back up only what's changed.
Just drop Palm databases and applications in the handheld window to install them without running HotSync. To install files at specific locations on removable media, just drop them at the right location like you would in the Finder. Drag files to your computer to directly retrieve them from your handheld.
Easy pictures management:
Display the pictures your handheld contains with a simple click. Use drag-and-drop to copy pictures to iPhoto, to your computer or to any other application. Install pictures in a snap, and delete the pictures you don't need anymore.
USB, Bluetooth, WiFi/Network support:
Sync Buddy can connect with handhelds over USB and Bluetooth, but also accepts connection coming from the network. This allows you to use WiFi to connect your handheld to Sync Buddy, but also to connect handhelds remotely through the network by using Network HotSync.
Removable media support:
Drag-and-drop files to and from expansion cards (SD/MMC cards, Memory Sticks, etc). The install and backup experience on expansion cards is better than ever with Sync Buddy!
What's new in this version: Built as a Universal Binary for both PowerPC and Intel Macs, it offers faster backups and installs, improved reliability and connectivity with most recent Palm OS handhelds.
More Products to Consider
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Increase writing and notes productivity creative ideas.
- Manage your personal finances easily.
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- Index, browse & search CDs & removable media.
- Time tracking without investing time.
- Delete unwanted e-mail messages from your mailbox without downl...
- Personal journal with blogging and video support.
- Plan how best to use expensive and limited stock material effec...
- Multi-functional launcher & Finder enhancer.
- Phonebook, SMS, gallery, calendar, themes for Nokia phones.
- More than just a clipboard manager.
- Application deployment for developers.
- Converts WMF files to PDF or EPS.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Crawl the web & download pages, images or entire sites.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Keep track of business miles for income tax purposes.