CNET Editors' review
For those who've made the jump to Windows Vista but don't like the angled multipane view, Switcher offers a familiar and less-jarring alternative.
Using fully customizable hot keys, you can activate the app with nothing more than a single keystroke or mouse gesture. The currently active program will then drop slightly on the screen and the other active apps will appear above it in minimized form. The opacity of the inactive programs can be tailored to your tastes, as can nearly everything else about Switcher. Dock padding and location, mouse trigger corner, transition duration, view of minimized versions of the inactive apps, and more can be adjusted. You can even organize the Options menu alphabetically or by category.
Strengthened by a fast install and lightweight footprint, Switcher is a fun program for those who love modifying their PC experience to suit their tastes. Who doesn't?
From Bao Nguyen:
Switcher allows users to manage multiple program windows in Windows Vista by arranging thumbnails of them at the top of the screen, and is accessible via hot keys.
Version 126.96.36.19905 you can now close windows during a session (default shortcut Alt+F4 or middle-click a window),Added Grid View which arranges windows in a grid,Reorganized settings into tabs.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.5205 you can now close windows during a session (default shortcut Alt+F4 or middle-click a window),Added Grid View which arranges windows in a grid,Reorganized settings into tabs.
More Products to Consider
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Switch between running tasks on your Windows Vista system with ...
- View the size of every folder in view.
- Check out this app switcher for XP and Vista that mimics Mac OS...
- Place most commonly used applications on your taskbar.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Add live preview of opened windows to Alt-Tab screen.
- Know the pixel width and height of any elements on a Web page.
- Add a desktop icon when you use a thumb drive or DVD.
- Design and valuate PVC windows for windows suppliers.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A Stroke of Genius!"
Version: Switcher 184.108.40.20605
Excellent program from conception to finish. Also allows one-view of all your running programs while they are running.
None that I know so far and I tested it extensively
Bottom line - switching between programs and tracking your programs as they run - cannot do better. Should be included in the next release of Windows.
"Awesome product. Makes navigation simple and sweet."
Version: Switcher 220.127.116.1105
Good overview, fast and customizable. Thank you Bao!
none so far