CNET Editors' review
StartUp Organizer is an easy-to-use utility that lets users review and customize the programs they have set to run when they start their computers. The program's multiple features and intuitive interface make it a great choice.
The program's interface really couldn't be simpler. A list of programs that are set to run on start-up is the first thing users see, and users can easily enable or disable programs by checking or unchecking the boxes next to each one. Of course, users can also make this change in the Windows System Configuration Utility--StartUp Organizer even contains a link to this, should users wish to access it--but StartUp Organizer offers a less intimidating option for casual computer users who feel uncomfortable mucking around in Windows directly. In addition to its ease of use, StartUp Organizer has several extra features that make it worthwhile. The Controlled Startup feature allows users to skip over certain predefined programs during start-up by holding down the Shift key. Users can also create backup configurations, which are useful if users are making major changes or need to switch back and forth between configurations. All of these features were easy to use, although we do wish the built-in Help file went into a little more detail about some of the program's more advanced features.
StartUp Organizer has a 30-day trial period, which is ample time for evaluation. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Startup Organizer is a Windows 9x/NT/2000/ME program that was developed to provide quick access to all of the programs that are automatically started when you turn on or logon to your computer. Using Startup Organizer, you can inspect, edit, and/or temporary disable such programs, and make backup configurations. You may significantly reduce the time required for your system startup disabling programs which you don't need all the time. Controlled Startup feature allows you to skip certain programs from startup if you hold [Shift] key pressed while Windows is logging on. Another exciting feature is ability to work with other users startup configurations under Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP. You can also add a program to multiple other users at once with only a few mouse clicks.
What's new in this version: Version 2.9.313 adds Slovak language support and adds ability to change Run parameter of Start Menu items.
More Products to Consider
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Transfer Phone Contacts, SMS, Photos, Call Log between Android,...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Choose, save, and print rune spreads.
- Manage, organize, and accelerate your downloads.
- Integrate a dual-panel file manager, a multi-tabbed browser bas...
- Resize all your windows in one click.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Organize and manage program icons on your Windows desktop.
- Capture an image and save it as a PNG, JPEG, or BMP file.
- Quickly launch programs from system tray.
- Hide and remove Internet traces from your PC.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1