CNET Editors' review
Spotflux is a free encrypted VPN client that routes your Internet traffic through a series of secure servers that mask your actual IP and make it virtually impossible to trace the connection back to your computer. Unlike some VPN clients, Spotflux is easy enough for anyone to use.
Spotflux has a unique Setup wizard that offers more options than most installers, including extra software we declined to install. The first thing Spotflux did when it launched was to secure our Internet connection by changing our settings to conform to the secure network's servers. Our browser opened with our secure connection (you can change that option in the program's Settings) but it took a few reloads before we could load any Web page; in fact, we had to close Spotflux and reopen it to access Web pages with our default browser, Chrome. It's almost impossible for an Internet connection routed through multiple secure VPN servers to be as fast as your normal broadband connection, and we noticed a bit of a lag in our browsing with Spotflux activated, though it's not really a concern since even our slowest sites loaded quickly enough -- certainly fast enough that we didn't think about disabling Spotflux right away, as has so often been the case with secure VPN clients. A system-tray icon let us check Spotflux's status at any time simply by hovering the cursor; right-clicking produced a menu that let us disable Spotflux's secure connection, access the program's Settings, and Quit the program. The Settings are basic but useful, such as languages, startup behavior, and proxies. Spotflux doesn't have a Help file in the usual sense, but the program is so easy to use, and a Support tab on the Settings dialog generates Support Bundles.
Securing your Internet connection helps protect your privacy and anonymity, and it blocks Web trackers and those all-too-personalized ads, too. It even protects against infected Web sites. Spotflux made all that as easy as any tool we've tried, and it doesn't slow your browsing enough to make you want to quit it.Spotflux-Stay anonymous online.-Download Video Previews:
Spotflux provides an easy to use solution to stay anonymous online and to protect your privacy and security. This small and easy to install client encrypts your internet connection, changes your ip address, and performs millions of real-time calculations in the cloud to eliminate malware and malicious trackers. Enjoy a clean and private internet experience with Spotflux. Spotflux is a free download and free install.
What's new in this version: Version 2.10.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Make any Internet connection truly private with the original hi...
- Hide your IP address and surf the Internet anonymously.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Connect to newtwork via free vpn client.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your privacy surfing the Internet anonymously.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Bypass proxy servers, firewalls, and transparent accelerators.
- Secure Internet surfing and all other communications using an e...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your data and IP on the Web.
- Remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it se...
- Detect unauthorized access to your computer.
- Surf anonymously online and unblock Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer,...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Remove file clutter from your operating system.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 55 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It works Very well,But the american CIA can still track"
Version: Spotflux 2.10.3
It works Very well,But the american CIA can still track you & read your suff,I'm told.... :(
It works Very well,But the american CIA can still track you & read your stuff,etc,I'm told.... :(
It works Very well,But the american CIA can still track you & read your stuff,etc,I'm told.... :(Annoying pop-up adverts come with (Free) spotflux, but they can be suppressed with Adblock extn/add-on,etc... :)
Updated on Apr 16, 2014
"Effective if properly configured"
Version: Spotflux 2.10.3
* Properly configured (in conjunction with a public DNS) it works well
* Fast, with minimal disruption to web response times
* Usually sets a US proxy (useful for non-US users):
- can order and deliver to US forwarding addresses
- can access Hulu etc
* Have to also setup PC to use public DNS (OpenDNS, Google etc)
* If not setup as above (if ISP is DNS server) it leaks DNS requests to local ISP
* Have to turn-off for online banking, some payment services and uTube
* Have to turn-off for non-US credit card orders (IP address does not match credit card country)
* Can raise false hacking alarms with some webmail providers (because your access IP is different each time)
* Need to test for DNS leakage after installing (cannot just install-n-go)
Set up carefully, combined with a public DNS server, it performs well (and for free)Spotflux spawns annoying pop-up adverts, but they can be suppressed with Adblock.
Updated on Apr 13, 2014
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content