Spiffy is a Gmail notifier which supports 5 accounts and tray alerts on new mail. It has autostart and hide functions and support for connecting through a proxy. Runs quietly in your system tray. You can customize tray alert, tray icons and more.
What's new in this version: Version 0.6 has added feature to set nr of alerts appearing and fixed sound alerts not playing.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- View message boxes of Windows.
- Receive tray alerts on new mail dropped to your Gmail accounts.
- Retrieve registration information for domain names.
- Get notifications about unread messages in your mailbox.
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Organize your daily work with reminders, sticky notes service, ...
- Perform various types of text replacements on text files.
- Analyze your hard drives and display the file and folder sizes,...
- Request and copy your public IP address for immediate network t...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Works with 2-step verification"
Version: Spiffy 0.5.11
Works with 2-step verification
Change the settings so it looks like Gmail Notifier
None that I can find
"Good basic gmail notifier ... though not great."
Version: Spiffy 0.5.7
Very small footprint, checks gmail at your schedule, doesn't interfere with Gmail.
All messages displayed simultaneously, over writing screen, updates do not maintain account information, only works with Gmail.
If you're looking for a small, efficient mail notifier, that only works with Gmail and will display incoming messages, this is the one for you. Spiffy provides the option to check your mail as many times per hour as you wish, and does not interfere with Gmail security. I had installed Pop Peeper, which acted like a small email client, and was constantly being denied access to my Gmail account. Not so, with Spiffy. However, spiffy should be updated to check multiple mail servers, such as Yahoo, and adjust mail notification from the column of email headings, to a rotating display that will not interfere with other programs running in the same screen space. Also, a nice-to-have would be a sound when new mail arrives, even the M/S chime. The only bug I found with this program was when it updated. I had to re-enter my account information after the install. Unfortunately, that and the missing features listed above, was enough motivation for me to change out this program.
"Works great with lots of options.
Version: Spiffy 0.5.7
Good selection of options for startup and notification.
I thought it was going to work right after install, it didn't. Could you use an intial message regarding what needs to be setup.
It seemed to display duplicate messages as one with a (2) appended, would rather see each message.
Has good features/options, but too often results in " .net Framework unhandled exceptions errors. Gmail Notifier is simpler but reliable.
Updated on Feb 20, 2011
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content