From Solveig Multimedia:
SolveigMM Video Splitter is a fast tool to losslessly split, cut or trim MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVI, WMV, WAV, MP4, MOV, MKV, AVCHD, WEBM, ASF, MP3, WMA files. Batch file support is included. Files joining supported. The attractive and intuitive user-friendly interface allows a user to split, cut or trim a movie in just a few mouse clicks. Based on SolveigMM Video Editing SDK, the Video Splitter offers incredible quality and speed involving no encoding/decoding operations. Solveig Multimedia is proud to introduce a new feature to make movie cuts quick and easy. Now if you need to cut commercials from your movie, just set the fragments to be cut off and our video editor executes the task in one pass.
What's new in this version: Version 3.6.1301.16:
- Saving video frame to JPEG format
- Full screen mode
- H264 VES saving for MKV, MP4 and ASF formats
- Drag and drop input, output files from information panel to other applications
- Ability to hide information panel
- Saving ADTS AAC for files with AAC audio
- Displaying route on the Google, Yandex maps and speedometer, compass, accelerometer readings on - DETALECO CamBox CE DVR files
- DETALECO CamBox CE DVR files trimming and joining with saving GP... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Edit and cut AVI and MKV movies without quality loss.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Edit and split your audio and video files into separate parts.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Split and convert video files in AVI, MPEG-1/2, and WMV/ASF for...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Split, cut and trim video files to desired movie clips.
- Split a movie file to smaller clips directly without re-encodin...
- Divide large movie files into smaller pieces.
- Split various AVI, MPEG, MOV, WMV, and MP4 files.
- Convert, split, join, extract videos and audios.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert video and audio for your desktop media player, ipod, ip...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Split or merge video files.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Split AVI, WMV, ASF, and MPEG-1 video files.
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Split your video manually or automatically by size/time/number ...
- Play YouTube video files from the Web or your local folders, pl...
- Split video files and extract sound tracks.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best lossless splitter around, if imperfect"
Version: SolveigMM Video Splitter 3.6.1301.16
I use several splitters; none do everything on all files. Solveig does most files, has the least bugs, and has the best interface.
Free alternatives include virtualdub and avidemux, but are more buggy, less easy to use. FFmpeg is less buggy; but much less easy to use.
A lot of the previous comments above are rubbish from people that don't know what they are talking about. THis is just a lossless editor.
Solveig doesn't do flv ; more do most other splitters. You need to convert them to mp4 (can be easily done with ffmpeg etc).
Solveig runs into memory problems on complex edits on 64 bit WIndows. I have a powerful computer and attribute a lot of memory to the program. So the application is at fault.
The joiner is just a basic add-on. It joins fewer files than avidemux... Solveig refuses to join far more files .. avidemux will join more but do it often imperfectly (audio out of sync).
Solveig has a great option to mute sound on edits. It'd be great to keep sound but mute video sometimes.
Solveig is best lossless splitter around that I've seen to date, if imperfect