CNET Editors' review
LearnPulse's Screenpresso comes in two versions, free and paid, but the freeware still offers more than the typical screen capture tool, free or not. It captures HD video as well as still images, and its built-in editor can stitch images together to capture scrolling action. A portable version is included, too. Screenpresso's hot keys and system tray menu make it as easy to use as most screen capture tools (such as the Snipping Tool in Windows) and easier than many -- thanks, in part, to its stylish, intuitive tools and PDF-based User Manual.
Screenpresso's download offered fully-installed and portable versions. We chose the installed version. Like most screen capture tools, Screenpresso stays in the background, but a widget-like panel called the "Workspace" appears when needed or when you right-click Screenpresso's system tray icon (left-clicking opens the Main Menu). The Workspace displays screen capture thumbnails, and its toolbar let us capture, edit, and publish (post online) our images and clips. We could drag and drop files to and from the history panel to editing tools, e-mail clients, and other programs, too.
But a screen capture tool earns its place in action, and Screenpresso doesn't disappoint. Capturing your screen is as easy as pressing the "Print Screen" key. Similar hot keys activate HD video and an attractive screenshot region tool with crosshairs. The system tray menu has a full set of controls and also accesses a tabbed preferences sheet for changing hot keys and many other options. The HD video screenshots are nice, though not optimized for movies, as Screenpresso points out. The freeware only captures sound from your microphone, but that's enough for making training videos, documentation, and similar applications. If you're still using the Snipping Tool or similar wares, then you should try Screenpresso.
Screenpresso allows you to save screenshots on your drive. Drag and drop screenshots from history directly to your favorite e-mail editor. Webmails like Gmail are also taken into account. Crop, spotlight an area, or comment parts of captured image. Make a unique image thanks to the stitching mechanism. Look like a pro. Add drop shadow, round corners, and reflection. Need to export images or create thumbnails at specific size, one click. Easy share screenshots on Twitter thanks to Twitpic integration.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.1 added a 'Restart recording' menu item in system tray, fixed capture autoscroll arrow not working, and minimum window's size has been reduced.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Manage your files and folders on your PC.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Save and manage any type of information from your clipboard.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Capture screen and post that on Twitter, Facebook, and Evernote...
- Capture your screen, edit the screenshot, add arrows and text.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Back up and restore your e-mail.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
All versions:4.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-7 of 7
"Awesome software. GOOD, very good."
Version: Screenpresso 1.3.6
We can opt for install or esecujte this program as a portable program.
Mani options and shortcut to execute
Capture video screen (but free version is time limited for this function;
It capture scrollable window (in internet too) in several times and then brings together all the pieces!
No con at all
I strong recommand this software for all users
"Love this software!"
Version: Screenpresso 184.108.40.206
It works well.
None at all!
I would recommend this over all other screen-capture programs out there.
"Program for capturing screen"
Version: Screenpresso 1.2.2
We can choose if install or not. It goes without need of installing even.
Share images to any destinations (Facebook, Twitter, FTP, e-mail, ...).
It save automatically and we can choose how many screenshot keep in memory.
Frequently appears pop-up asking you to buy the paid version.
The program is also designed to record video screens but unfortunately this feature is limited to a few seconds. To be able to have this option completly it needs to pay version fee.
The software work fine and it's recommandable for downloading and using it.
"Program for capturing screed"
Version: Screenpresso 1.1.3
Easy interface, free
It goes without installation
nothing at this time
For all users
"The perfect screen capture tool"
Version: Screenpresso 1.1
Use few memory
Can be started without install and admin right
Internal editor with nice features (blur to hide part of the capture)
Very good look and feel (easy to understand)
Support responds quickly
Video tutorials available
Does not work under Win98 and WinMe
"Does exactly what I need"
Version: Screenpresso 1.1
Screenshot selected window and remore transparency from title bar.
Screenshot panoramics (image stiching)
Internal editor makes beautifull arrows and text boxes
Share images to any destinations (Facebook, Twitter, FTP, e-mail, ...)
No video recording today but it should to be available soon
"Light, fast and beautifull"
Version: Screenpresso 1.1
No need to install. Provide just the necessary features, not more.
Lovely software available for free.
Not available for MAC and Linux
I configured it to start automatically with Windows. I use it in my day to day work. I can capture a window or a region of the screen as necessary. I can also capture a scrollable window to get one big picture of the full window.
I like the built in editor and the available effects.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content