CNET Editors' review
Screen captures can be incredibly useful, whether you're trying to share an error message with tech support or want to save a ridiculous comment exchange on Facebook. There are plenty of utilities to help you do this, too, ranging from the bare-bones to the highly customizable. ScreenGrab falls somewhere in the middle of this spectrum; we've definitely seen screen capture utilities with more features, but ScreenGrab still brings quite a bit to the table.
The program's interface is plain, just a rectangle with some drop-downs, radio buttons, and check boxes. You can set ScreenGrab to capture either the entire screen or just the active window. The program can either automatically save the image, save it to the clipboard, or prompt you to enter a file name. Images can be saved in JPEG, BMP, TIFF, and PNG formats. You can set hot keys to both take a screen capture and to bring the interface back up, and the program can be set to hide its icon in the task bar, ensuring that it won't appear in the screen captures. The program can optionally include the cursor in the image and play a sound when a screen capture is taken. We took several different kinds of screen captures with ScreenGrab and we were pleased with its performance each time. The built-in Help file provides a brief overview of the program's features, but it's really not necessary; everything about ScreenGrab is intuitive. Overall, ScreenGrab isn't the fanciest screen capture utility we've seen, but it will be perfectly adequate for many users' needs.
From No Nonsense Software:
A simple, yet effective screen capture utility for Windows. When running, ScreenGrab responds to preset hotkey combinations, making it easy to make screen captures without having to click on buttons or use the mouse. Save files as BMP, TIFF, JPEG, or PNG.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Capture any screen movement with one click.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture screenshots or video and save them in various image for...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Capture your screen in different modes.
- Control & hide GIF & Flash animations.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Take screenshots with a click of a button.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Capture screenshots with a few mouse clicks.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content