CNET Editors' review
Effective project management is not a matter of crossing your fingers and hoping for the best, but rather of planning for things that could go wrong and knowing in advance how you'll deal with them. RiskyProject Professional is an easy way to complete all aspects of project planning and tracking, including the analysis of and preparation for potential risks.
The program's interface isn't the most beautiful we've ever seen, but it's well-organized and easy to navigate. There are drop-down menus and toolbars across the top, while the program's major functions--Schedule, Risks, Analysis, Tracking, and Report--are arranged in tabs down the left side. There are multiple views within each, allowing users to view Gantt charts, resources, cash flow, risk matrices, and more. The risk management features are much more detailed than those we've seen in other project management programs; there's a risk register, risk assignment chart, and response plan, as well as risk analysis tools. The program is definitely designed for those who have some familiarity with project management--beginners will likely feel overwhelmed and confused by some of the features--but anyone with a background in project management should feel right at home. The program comes with an impressive PDF Getting Started guide that walks new users through each of RiskyProject's features, although we were a little disappointed that links within the program to a Help file and tutorials led only to broken Web pages. That aside, we think that RiskyProject Professional is a great choice for project managers who like to focus on what could go wrong and manage those risks.
RiskyProject Professional comes as a ZIP file but installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of RiskyProject Professional 3.2. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
From Intaver Institute:
RiskyProject is advanced project management software with integrated risk analysis. Project managers can use RiskyProject for planning, scheduling, quantitative risk analysis, and performance measurement of projects with multiple risks and uncertainties. RiskyProject allows managers to improve their ability to predict the course of projects and determine how risks and uncertainties will affect the project.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 has improved integration via the updated Microsoft project add-in and tracking interfaces.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Organize financial, human, and inventory resources to plan task...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Create plans for future projects.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Plan and analyze risks on your projects.
- Manage information on customers, inventory, finance, productivi...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Plan, organize, and schedule tasks, resources, and events.
- Keep schedules of your construction projects up to date.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Combine basic time management and project management to build y...
- Schedule and budget projects and tasks, estimate costs and meas...
- Track your multiple projects focusing on schedules with a list-...
- Power up your project management.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Sophisticated project risk analysis made easy"
Version: RiskyProject Professional 1.3.3
I have really enjoyed my initial work with this software. The developers have obviously taken the needs of the users into account as it is easy to setup, learn and use. They have provided extensive tutorials that come with the install that show how to set up your projects, input your risks and analyze the result of the risk analysis. The interface uses the MS Project model, so if you, like me, have used Project extensively in the past, it is very easy to get up and going.
The only thing that really sets RiskyProject apart from other Project Management software I have used is the in depth statistical (it is referred to as quantitative in the documentation) risk analysis it provides. You can input your risks as Base, High and Low, but the real powerful feature is the risk lists. You can use either the risk templates they provide or create your own lists. These lists outline what will occur if one of your project risks occurs. This includes how often it could occur and what happens if it occurs. When you calculate the project, all of this information is taken into account at the task, resource and project level. The analysis includes a project desktop which shows you which tasks and risks are the most critical. It also includes a easy to use sensitivity analysis, deadlines etc.
It also integrates very nicely with MS Project, so I was able to easily import my current projects into Risky Project and quickly do a risk analysis and then export the results back to Project. All in all, I have been very pleased with RiskyProject. Having used other project risk analysis software in the past, RiskyProject is by far the easiest to use and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to add a sophisticated risk analysis component to their project management practices.