CNET Editors' review
RapidTyping is a popular typing tutor program. RapidTyping Portable is a fully portable version of the educational freeware, one that runs directly from a portable device such as a USB drive on any Windows machine, but without having to be installed or leaving files, folders, or registry entries behind when you close it. This makes it a great choice for students, who can use the same program at school and at home.
We downloaded and extracted the program's zipped executable and associated files, which we saved to a Portable Apps folder on the desktop that we use specifically to keep track of tools like RapidTyping. Although it's portable, this tool has all the features of the installed version, including a multiuser capability. Also like the installed version, RapidTyping Portable sports a colorful, easy-to-manage interface that is designed to be as simple to use as possible. We could rapidly select between Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert levels as well as various lesson groups. Clicking icons on the left edge let us toggle quickly among the tool's main view, the stats page, and the lesson editor. The stats page displayed our results in words per minute or characters per minute, as we chose, and also displayed accuracy, lesson duration, and other useful data. Using the Lesson Editor, we could create custom lessons that let us focus on areas of weakness, such as a tendency to hit one wrong character. We could also change the program's background image by clicking Wallpaper.
As with many typing tutors, RapidTyping's color-coded keys, choice of keyboard configurations, and other options will make it easy for beginners to get started as well as enable experienced students to hone their skills. It's highly recommended for students, professionals, or for anyone who wants to brush up on his or her typing skills.
From Typing Tutor Labs:
Rapid Typing Tutor Portable marks the latest in typing software. Learning how to type with Rapid Typing Tutor is both a fun and productive experience. The portable version means that it does not need to be installed on your PC and it can run straight off a USB flash drive or any other type of media. The virtual keyboard of Rapid Typing is color-coded for better navigation and has virtual hands for extra realism. The program offers lessons for novices, advanced users and experts, so everyone will find a way to test their skills and improve them. Lessons are conveniently set up in such a manner that you can improve your typing abilities or start at the absolute beginning.
More Products to Consider
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Learn how to type fast without looking at the keyboard.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Managenet and Billing System.
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Demonstrate, monitor, and interact with students' computers in ...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Learn and understand eye-related diseases.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Share information on a network, over the web, and in popular fo...
- Read the braindumps that you find or create.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"A feature-rich learning application."
Version: Rapid Typing Tutor Portable 4.5
1. It is free.
2. Small size
3. It has a portable version.
4. The most important feature is "customization". You can prepare your own lesson. For example, you want to practice only (,),_,+ and = keys. You are able to make a lesson with only those keys. This is an outstanding feature so far.
1. Not found yet.
I recommend it.
"Can"t open in Win 7"
Version: Rapid Typing Tutor Portable 4.0
Very simple to use program working well on Win XP when
I upgraded to Win 7 I try to reinstall it with no avail.
Not working on Win 7. Found "fmodex.dll" missing
If missing dll file will be included,
The program is excellent for beginners
"Unable to use demo version on my Windows 7 PC."
Version: Rapid Typing Tutor Portable 3.2
The name sounds so cool...
Bugs in the software keep me from being able to test the program out. I am unable to run the demo version on my Windows 7 PC.
Without a demo, I really have no way to assess the program's quality.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content