CNET Editors' review
There's no point in firing up a huge image-editing suite when you just need to perform a simple task like resizing or cropping an image. That's why there are programs like Quick JPEG Resize and Crop. It does exactly what the name suggests and nothing more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you find yourself frequently needing to perform these tasks, this program is one of the most efficient ways to get them done.
Quick JPEG Resize and Crop has a simple interface that's quite easy to figure out. Users can navigate to the desired image from within the program's file menu, or simply drag and drop the image onto the program's interface. The image can be cropped either by dragging a box over the desired area or by adjusting the cropped area numerically. To resize images, users can enter the desired size dimensions and also adjust the quality of the image, making it possible to reduce the size of the file without reducing the actual size of the image. Buttons allow users to save the new image by overwriting the original, adding _rsz to the original file name, or saving the file with a new name or to a new location. The program comes with a surprisingly detailed Help file that explains each of its features. We do wish that Quick JPEG Resize and Crop were capable of rotating images, a basic task that often seems to go along with cropping and resizing. But if you need a utility to quickly resize and crop images and do nothing else, this program is about as easy as it gets.
Quick JPEG Resize and Crop comes as a ZIP file. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
This program allows you to quickly resize and/or crop JPEG images. Also allows you to adjust the quality setting. It is very useful for reducing the disk space required for photographs taken by 8 and 10 megapixel (or higher) cameras. It can open some other image file formats and save the pictures as jpegs.
What's new in this version: Adds copy&paste and ability to read some other image file formats.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Auto change, crop, resize, and combine pics of your desktop wal...
- Find duplicate images on your computer.
- Build your applications upon an image processing component.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Crop an object in a photo and place it on a different backgroun...
- Resize and copy information of your photos.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Resize JPEG files to send them as e-mail attachments.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Merge images to PDF and convert from JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, forma...
- Zoom, crop and fine-rotate multiple photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert, resize, and edit your pictures.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Simple and effective"
Version: Quick JPEG Resize and Crop 1.2
Even my mother could use this.
Runs on computers that won't run MS Photo Editor properly.
Couldn't get the resize to work- changing something to custom dimensions was supposed to be do-able, but option was always unavailable;
Likewise were percentage-based shrink or expand;
Help files not helpful or non-existent;
Cropping only works starting from top left corner;
No rotate feature, but Windows can do that natively from the right-click dialog (at least with JPGs).
Nothing malicious found during or after install.
I like that it's simple to use, but half the functions are unavailable, and no clue as to how or why.
But this does the partial job that I needed it to since I can't get Microsoft Photo Editor to run on my user's limited account on XP.
"Don't download or risk tons of bloatware"
Version: Quick JPEG Resize and Crop 1.2
The tool actually worked ok but I have uninstalled it.
It automatically downloaded without asking me tons of bloatware. Most of it was crap that changed by browser settings to some visual bee search engine. There was also some coupon thing that installed itself.
Don't risk it. Who knows what else was downloaded. That is the behavior of malware
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: