CNET Editors' review
Looking for a way to access your favorite Windows applications and files quickly? Well, Qsel from Horst Schaeffer's Software Pages just might be the app for you. The simple tool, which is both free and portable, is capable of creating an unlimited number of categories with individualized launcher window settings.
Qsel, which can also be used for documents and other file types, needs no installation. Just extract it and it's ready to go. The tool has a very simple interface that is easy to understand. All you need to do is drag and drop apps or files to the program launcher. Right-clicking provides you with access to all of the available options. To speed up the process even more, you can also assign hot keys to open up apps even faster.
Qsel is perfect for individuals who need quick access to applications that they tend to use frequently. We found no issues with installing and removing the application.
Qsel is a program launcher (programs, documents, Web links) with Icons. Easy configuration of launcher windows using drag&drop. Switch to other launcher windows through category index (click on title button), or through special Icons.
What's new in this version: Version 2.18 has added new INI file item [Main] IconSpacing (for large icons).
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Download and change your desktop wallpaper.
- Keep your favorite apps, control panel, websites, files and fol...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Multi-threaded FTP client.
- Capture and print out anything on PC screen via hotkeys.
- Edit text in a light notepad replacement with many innovative f...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Get transparent menus on your desktop.
- Edit, add, and delete items in CSV files.
- Revive your Start Menu in Windows 8.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Find information about a registered domain and connect to the r...
- Allow the end users of your application to quickly search and s...
- Stick your notes on desktop to read them at any time.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Monitor the processes and network from your desktop.
- Search multiple torrent sites.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Good program for making a window programs launcher"
Version: Qsel 2.16
It is free, portable, and when we learn how it works it is easy to built
Very simple interface
Useful program for allContrary to what I wrote in my review above, I tried again with this simple program and found that seven window now works correctly.
Updated on Aug 9, 2012
You can create as many categories (or groups) you want and add them via drag and drop all icons that serve to build a launcher of programs in a simple and fast.
In view of the above, I attach myself to the program 5 stars (and also to the portable that works equally well.
"Exactly what I want!"
Version: Qsel 2.10
Small, fast, no installation, consumes negligible system resource, keyboard and mouse functional.
Almost none. Cannot switch among categories with a key-stroke.
Simple, fast, accessible, configurable, easy to set up. Uses negligible system resource when minimized. Instant activation with a hot key. If you want a start-menu to work for you right away, this is it! Maybe too simple for some people, but that?s exactly what I want. If only you can switch among categories with just a key-stroke.
"Program too simple and meaningless"
Version: Qsel 2.10
There are so many better out there
not worth it for this small freeware.
"It's a dock that's great in resources 93.53KB"
Version: Qsel 1.65
Opinion from elwoodetubes (1 month ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam Of all the docks i have tried I have found object dock and Qsel Launcher (free) to be the lowest on resource usage.
haven't tested so I haven't seen any cons yet lolz
resourceful program launcher
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content