CNET Editors' review
Presentation Wizard is a versatile program that allows users to create executable multimedia slideshows. Although we like the simplicity of its design, we do wish that the instructions were a little briefer.
The program's interface is uncluttered, with a small handful of buttons and menus. For the most part, the program is intuitive, and it's not hard to get started even without reading the instructions. However, users who don't read the instructions are likely to miss some important features, such as options for customizing backgrounds and other characteristics throughout the slideshow. And that can be a bit of a problem. We think that this may be the first time that we've complained about the length of a program's user manual. Although it's quite well-written and funny, after a while we got tired of wading through paragraph after paragraph and wished for a numbered list of steps with some screenshot examples. The program is actually quite easy to use, but the extensive and wordy Help file needlessly complicates it. Once we started experimenting on our own we found it easy to create new slides and insert images, text, and other media. Slideshows are easily saved as executable files that can be played independently, and the finished product is professional-looking and attractive. Overall, we liked that the program was both easy to use and flexible; we just wish that the documentation was a little more to the point.
Presentation Wizard is free to try. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From Alchemy Mindworks:
Using Presentation Wizard, you can create self-displaying, interactive slide shows, catalogues, brochures, clickable advertisements, distributable portfolios and other multimedia Windows applications. It does so by creating presentations that will become Windows EXE files--executables, which will display on any Windows system without additional software. Each page of your presentation can include pictures, animations, sounds, applets and Windows controls such as buttons, list boxes and clickable web page links. Your presentation pages can turn themselves or wait for user input. They can even talk to their readers.
Presentation Wizard from Alchemy Mindworks lets you use the features you require without the rest of it getting in your way. E-mail electronic photo albums to relatives, distribute advertisements with shippable products, allow users of your web site to download a multimedia catalog, show prospective clients samples of your work.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Combine text and graphics for online or e-mail presentations.
- Choose one of these editable e-book covers and make it your own...
- Creates GIF animations on the base of effects quickly and easy.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create and add Flash animations to your Web sites.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Make eBrochures, eBooks, and other ePresentations, create quizz...
- Learn the basics of building Java applications with a graphic u...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Develop interactive multimedia presentations.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Learn how to promote a Web site with this e-book.
- Create vector illustrations, flowcharts, flyers, brochures, bus...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Monitor quotes in stock exchange and save them in graphic forma...
- Enjoy this recipe book on your desktop.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Save time in your Word process, drawing, and flowchart work.