CNET Editors' review
As a screensaver, Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac works well and is quite unique, but its design and operation are very one dimensional. The animation follows a tube with different colors, but does not add any different areas of movements or additional effects. The user can customize the colors, though.
The program installs directly onto the screensaver area of the Mac and comes with a README file. Opening the System Preferences menu lets the user select the Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac as the default screensaver. Either allowing it to activate or starting the preview brings up a first-person camera view inside of a tube. The saver moves the user through it, while changing the camera view from side to side and up and down as it travels. In the screensaver options the user can set the wall color, fog color, and fog start. The changes automatically occur in the viewing window so the user can see if they like how they've set up their screensaver. The option to set the speed of movement through the tunnel and perhaps a choice of different textures would be welcome additions to make this screensaver even more appealing.
Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac performs well and even though it's quite basic in its initial design, it can look quite unique depending on the user's settings and color choices. Mac users who are bored with their old screensaver should give this one a try.
From Fruitz Of Dojo:
The effect you are about to see was first meant to be the last part of our upcoming demo, but we decided to pull it apart, since it doesn't match the style of the demo anymore. Beside of this it was the result of a boring, rainy sunday here in germany, and can not be considered as something special... but anyways hopefully more special than this ported savers floating around [something to kick your peecee pals asses].
More Products to Consider
- Add a clock screensaver with real-time minutes dropped into wat...
- Realistic 3D fish swim around your desktop.
- Like Berkeley's old After Dark.
- View a near-real-time high-resolution image of Earth on your de...
- Display your screensaver as your desktop background.
- Screensaver runs QuickTime & Flash movies.
- Displays black screen with transparency.
- Turn your OS X desktop into a realistic-looking 3D aquarium.
- An uplifting screensaver to put you in a good mood.
- Place a beautiful water effects as your desktop's screensaver.
- Watch the Matrix code in 3D.
- Watch the Matrix code on your screen.
- Create screen savers for the Macintosh easily.
- Large collection of classic screensavers.
- Run a screensaver as a desktop picture.
- Screensaver that draws fractal images.
- Fireworks screen saver.
- Detect which music is playing and displays cover art and detail...
- Dive into the ocean on your desktop.
- Paper airplanes perform stunts over tranquil backgrounds.
- Customize energy saver settings for individual apps.
- Realistic 3D marine fish aquarium screen saver.
- Infest your Mac with Bugs.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 23 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent screen saver"
Version: Plasma Tunnel Screensaver 1.4.1
Looks very nice on my OS 10.6 Macmini. Nicely fluid with intriguing colors. I set mine up with a medium blue tunnel with a sea green fog set to medium distance. Feels like I'm about to fall into the ocean!
Can lag sometimes, but only for a microsecond. Probably due to the limitations of my computer, tho.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content