CNET Editors' review
As a screensaver, Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac works well and is quite unique, but its design and operation are very one dimensional. The animation follows a tube with different colors, but does not add any different areas of movements or additional effects. The user can customize the colors, though.
The program installs directly onto the screensaver area of the Mac and comes with a README file. Opening the System Preferences menu lets the user select the Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac as the default screensaver. Either allowing it to activate or starting the preview brings up a first-person camera view inside of a tube. The saver moves the user through it, while changing the camera view from side to side and up and down as it travels. In the screensaver options the user can set the wall color, fog color, and fog start. The changes automatically occur in the viewing window so the user can see if they like how they've set up their screensaver. The option to set the speed of movement through the tunnel and perhaps a choice of different textures would be welcome additions to make this screensaver even more appealing.
Plasma Tunnel Screensaver for Mac performs well and even though it's quite basic in its initial design, it can look quite unique depending on the user's settings and color choices. Mac users who are bored with their old screensaver should give this one a try.
From Fruitz Of Dojo:
The effect you are about to see was first meant to be the last part of our upcoming demo, but we decided to pull it apart, since it doesn't match the style of the demo anymore. Beside of this it was the result of a boring, rainy sunday here in germany, and can not be considered as something special... but anyways hopefully more special than this ported savers floating around [something to kick your peecee pals asses].
More Products to Consider
- Add a clock screensaver with real-time minutes dropped into wat...
- Turn your OS X desktop into a realistic-looking 3D aquarium.
- Realistic 3D fish swim around your desktop.
- Like Berkeley's old After Dark.
- Display your screensaver as your desktop background.
- Watch the Matrix code in 3D.
- View a near-real-time high-resolution image of Earth on your de...
- Displays black screen with transparency.
- Screensaver runs QuickTime & Flash movies.
- Watch the Matrix code on your screen.
- Enjoy this nature screensaver on your desktop.
- Place a beautiful water effects as your desktop's screensaver.
- Clean your desktop by specifying what you want it to do with ce...
- Run a screensaver as a desktop picture.
- Watch multicolored cubes dance around your screen in lively vor...
- Display an endless, configurable lattice structure on your inac...
- An uplifting screensaver to put you in a good mood.
- Place a Halloween horror screensaver on your desktop.
- Large collection of classic screensavers.
- Realistic 3D marine fish aquarium screen saver.
- Display 3D pictures of ghosts, stealing candies from kids.
- View the official screen saver for the Ghost Ship movie.
- Save your screen with amazing images taken by the Hubble Space ...
- Enjoy the giant sun moving across the sky winking and smiling o...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 23 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent screen saver"
Version: Plasma Tunnel Screensaver 1.4.1
Looks very nice on my OS 10.6 Macmini. Nicely fluid with intriguing colors. I set mine up with a medium blue tunnel with a sea green fog set to medium distance. Feels like I'm about to fall into the ocean!
Can lag sometimes, but only for a microsecond. Probably due to the limitations of my computer, tho.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content