CNET Editors' review
Photopus is a photo editing app that offers many options for adjusting, cleaning up, and adding effects to your photos. It contains a variety of filters and other tools that let you create sharp and distinct images, change the orientation of the image, and alter the border shape and size. The interface is uncomplicated and presents the general steps of the photo editing process in a clear manner.
The first step once you open the app is to add photos. You can add single images or import them in batches. Any photos you import at once will be adjusted together. That means that any changes you make to the image you're looking at will be applied to all of the images in the batch. This can be an efficient way to make some generic changes to multiple photos at once, but since you're only looking at one photo even though you're changing all of them, it's hard to know how each change will impact the photos you can't see.
You can review the changes to each image by selecting it from the drop-down menu below the image, and you can then make additional changes; but it is a bit of a cumbersome process. If you're only working on one photo at a time, though, this wouldn't be an issue. Overall, this app provides what it promises, but there are other free apps that do it better.
From Softdiv Software:
Photopus is an easy to use batch photo editor software to convert, resize, transform, touch-up, rename, and apply effects to your digital images. Instead of spending hours to edit your digital images individually, Photopus lets you perform batch image processing in a single operation. With Photopus, you can batch resize images automatically with ready preset for most common output sizes; Rotate images; Flip; Rename images; Crop images; Convert image to other image formats (including multi-page PDF, TIFF); Adjust DPI; Apply special effects like black and white, sepia, blur, emboss, red eye correction, twirl, grayscale, add border and more; Touch-up images by adjusting brightness, contrast, sharpen, smooth, color balance. Photopus comes with clean and well designed interface. It only involved 3 steps to process your images: Add Photos, Add Filters, Output. Through every step of the process you can preview the changes made before saving the images. Settings can be saved and load for next image processing project. Photopus supports over 60 images formats including BMP, JPG, GIF, TIFF, TGA, PNG, ICO, PDF, PDF/A, PSD, WMF, EMF, JBIG, JBIG2, WBMP, PICT, PCT, JNG, JPEG 2000, PIC, ICB, VDA, VST, PDD, WAP, WBM, EXR, PNM, PBM, PGM, PPM, XPM, CUR, CUT, DDS, DIB, FAX, HDR, IFF, BIE, JBG, JB2, JIF, KOA, LBM, MNG, PCD, PCX, PFM, PGM, RAS, SGI, RLE, XBM, EXIF, JTIF. Multi-page image format is fully supported.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Provide video converter, DVD ripper, audio converter, CD ripper...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Remove unwanted people and objects from pictures without leavin...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Convert, resize, rename, add watermarks, and apply effects to i...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Put a spotlight around your cursor and dim surrounding area whi...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content