CNET Editors' review
If you're looking for a way to sift through an enormous image library for specific photos, this app might be just the ticket. A simple interface based on the .NET framework features a dark gray background and large easy-to-read buttons for the programs feature set. Images are displayed as thumbnails with the ability to flip through pages if you're just looking to browse. Some editing tools are available for red-eye correction and image rotation, and you can sort photos into groups made easily accessible on the bottom of the interface. But Photology's true strength is the ability to quickly sort through giant photo libraries and find images fitting a specific criteria. You can sort by date, time of day, location (inside or outside), content (faces, flowers, sunsets), and you can enter a search term if you have previously named images. But our favorite feature is the ability to search by color simply by using a mouse-over tool to select different gradations. Though some may be turned off by the required extra download of the .NET framework, this program is a great choice for anyone wishing to search and collect photos from large image libraries.
Photology helps you navigate the flood of digital photos on your computer by finding photos using simple and intuitive filters like faces, sky, color, location, and time of day. Photology's intuitive user interface is simple and straightforward. It only shows you what you need, when you need it, and all functionality is accessed via large, clearly identified buttons.
Most photo software requires you to tag your photos or relies on organized folders. But not Photology! Photology analyzes your photos so you can search for them as if you were telling a story, using intuitive search filters that reflect the way people think and remember. No tags, no folders--Photology just knows your photos.
What's new in this version:
- Increased the Ã?Â¢Ã¢?Â¬Ã??qualityÃ?Â¢Ã¢?Â¬? setting for JPEG files shared from Photology. The new setting is similar to the best available quality from popular digital cameras.
- When an original size and unadjusted photo is Ã?Â¢Ã¢?Â¬Ã??shared to file,Ã?Â¢Ã¢?Â¬? a copy of the original file will be shared (instead of a compressed version).
- Fixed a bug relating to an error when a file is moved with Photology in detail view.
- Fixed a bug related to sharing when t... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Search duplicate and similar picture files.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Organize, edit, and arrange your photos into slide shows.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Find images with text that you highlight.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create a large panorama image to be displayed in a Web browser.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Export a block of selected cells to JPG.
- Transform your images into 3D images.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize the Web images for your e-commerce or eBay listings.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Manage, print, e-mail, and view your photos.
- Search and download pictures automatically.