CNET Editors' review
It's a simple little freeware tool that locks your system after a set time or if you need to leave it unattended. PC Access Guard's configuration interface merely offers three options and a password field. You won't need a manual for this program. Using the tray icon pull-down menu, you simply set the app to start guarding your system.
Any key press or mouse click sets off the alarm. There is no other notification that a password must be typed immediately. We would have preferred a dialog box requesting the password. Nevertheless, you simply type in the password and the tray icon stops flashing red. That's your only indication you've entered the correct password. Fail and the program shuts down your system. Of course, you can simply start it again. An option to start monitoring on system boot-up is available, though.
Oddly, uninstalling this program does not disable it immediately, so it's clearly leaving some traces behind after you remove it. It's not perfect, but at no cost, PC Access Guard does a decent job keeping others from accessing your system.
From ALTom Soft:
PC Access Guard is easy-to-use software utility that allows you to keep others from accessing your computer. It monitors both mouse and keyboard activities. If either one keyboard button is pressed or mouse button is clicked it generates alarm sound and, if correct password is not typed within a few seconds, it shuts down your computer. You need to use PC Access Guard if you want confidential information to be securely stored while you are away.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Monitor all activities taking place on your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Access your home or work PC remotely.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Help protect yourself from computer-related injuries with this ...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your PC from unauthorized access by locking keyboard an...
- Interchange your left and right mouse buttons for Touch Screen ...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Control your MIDI files with mouse and keyboard activities.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Lock mouse or keyboard for cleaning.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Record keyboard and mouse events and play them back at a later ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Calculate the BPM of a tempo.
- Make and answer Skype calls remotely.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Monitor and restrict Internet access on a computer.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: PC Access Guard 1
Once I first downloaded this program I ran it and put in a password and i thought that it would work but then it shut down my computer and i didn't know why, so I uninstalled it. The next day I saw it appear in my startup tray and once I tried to click on anything it would shut down my computer. Don't waste your time downloading this program.