WinTel is an easy-to-use, stand-alone application that allows host operating systems (and applications) such as Microsoft Windows(R) and Ubuntu Linux to run in protected, virtual environments within windows on Mac OS X.
- All new version 3.0 first time brings true virtualization running on Intel Macs, drastically increasing performance, in some cases up to several thousand percent over previous versions
- WinTel still runs on PowerPC Macintoshes in an emulation mode.
- WinTel 3.0 also for the first time includes a ready-to-use disk image with Ubuntu Linux 9.04 pre-installed.
- WinTel's new virtualization performance is comparable with the performance of VMWare's Fusion and Parallels Inc.'s Parallels Desktop software.
- In addition to x86 virtualization and emulation capabilities, WinTel may be used to emulate several different processors including PowerPC, Sparc, MIPS, ARM, SH-4, CRIS and m68k.
- WinTel includes 10 ready-to-use disk images of open source x86-based operating systems including: Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, FreeDOS and more.
- WinTel product is a stand-alone application featuring a drag-install backed with limited installation support and tutorials, including an updated Windows XP installation tutorial