Octaga is an interactive Web 3D viewer for viewing 3D models. Octaga supports X3D and VRML and works both as a stand alone X3D/VRML viewer and as a X3D/VRML plug-in for Internet Explorer. Other features include complete VRML 97 and X3D support, advanced rendering and optimization features, support of modern 3D accelerators via OpenGL and a highly configurable user interface.
Includes a plug-in for Opera, Netscape, Firefox, and Mozilla, adds support for running Java from Script (internal EAI), and improves X3D loading performance. Version 22.214.171.124 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Get a audio visualisation tool.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Add a panoramic third dimension to the images on your Web site.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- View and Print CAD files.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Compile 3D photo compositions out of a series of photos.
- Allow you to view 3D images on any PC.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- View your SolidWorks 3D models and DXF/DWG files.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- View, manipulate, combine, measure, and control 3D models.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create 3D vector and raster animations for Macromedia Flash.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Create textures for 3D rendering packages, game development, We...
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- An easy-to-use 2D/3D viewer and converter for Windows platform ...
- View your images in a different way and create kiosk for touch-...
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Brilliant piece of software for x3D and VRML"
Version: Octaga Player 2.1
I used the free version of Octaga Player until last week and I found out they are offering their Exporter from 3Ds max, if you pay for the player... So I did.... and am quite happy with the deal....now I can import to the player my 3Ds max's models and interact with them in Real TIme...
I would like all the functionality available on Octaga Professional for the Player.
"Used to install ok. Now it's user hostile. (loser friendly?)"
Version: Octaga Player 2.1
It runs X3D + WRL
DO A RESTORE POINT!!!!
Used to be the best viewer plugin, now they've poo'd the screwch.
It now needs MS installer 3.1 (10 minute cable-download + reboot).
After reboot, the octaga progress bar can hang just before completing. (another 5 minutes just to be safe). If you don't complete this rediculously arduous install, (for a 3D VEIWER?? get real), you have to reinstall 3.1 again. From local files? nooo. this is MS we're talking about. Another 10 mins + reboot (with their little infinite progress-bar and their little CD & box icon to say 'If you upgrade.. youll NEVER have to wait for this stuff AGAIN! promise!)
Now you try to uninstal octaga. nope.
'you gotta finish install, you dope.' Repair? nope. Reinstall? nope. Cancel button? Sure! But it locks up.
Uninstall 3.1 again, download 3.1 again.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
Now it uninstalls ok, but doesnt remove the program from your add/remove list.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: