CNET Editors' review
In this day and age, we have plenty of ways to remind ourselves of things; we can set alarm clocks on our cell phones, have Google Calendar send us e-mails or text messages, or use Outlook to get alerts on our desktop. Desktop alerts from Outlook, however, could never be as fun as the ones from NotifyMe. This simple program lets users create multimedia alerts that are both useful and fun.
The program's interface is plain and easy to navigate. For each notification, users can enter any combination of text, image, and audio. There are plenty of options that can be tweaked, including text color, size, and font; whether or not the notification fades in and out; the duration of the notification; and the display style. Users can set the notification for a specific time of day or have the program count down a certain number of hours, minutes, or seconds. We can think of many potential uses for NotifyMe. Sure, you could just enter a text message reminding you that it's time to go to the staff meeting, but how about an image of a nature scene and some calming music to force you to take a break now and then? On a shared computer, you could use it to set a surprise birthday message for someone. Our only complaint about NotifyMe is that we're not sure if we're using it to its full potential; the publisher's description says that the program can be used as a virtual photo album, audio player, or virtual radio, but we're not sure how you'd do any of these things without a lot of fiddling and scheduling of individual events. The program's built-in Help file is brief and doesn't address any of these features. Still, we like NotifyMe a lot just for its basic notification features, and anything else that you can do with it is a bonus.
NotifyMe installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Produce advanced reminders and messages with full screen, balloon pop ups or audio. Set moods on your computer by assigning music to be played when the desktop background is changed. Heaps of settings to play with to suit your personal tastes. Download and use for free!
What's new in this version:
- Added png image support.
- Fixed multiple bugs
- Update system
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Scan your hard drive or local devices to get detailed statistic...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Update PC drivers automatically using cloud technology.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Retrieve the current weather conditions as reported by The Weat...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Read e-mail and news the way you want it, with intelligent junk...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Add a virtual pal on your desktop and download free programs.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1