CNET Editors' review
In this day and age, we have plenty of ways to remind ourselves of things; we can set alarm clocks on our cell phones, have Google Calendar send us e-mails or text messages, or use Outlook to get alerts on our desktop. Desktop alerts from Outlook, however, could never be as fun as the ones from NotifyMe. This simple program lets users create multimedia alerts that are both useful and fun.
The program's interface is plain and easy to navigate. For each notification, users can enter any combination of text, image, and audio. There are plenty of options that can be tweaked, including text color, size, and font; whether or not the notification fades in and out; the duration of the notification; and the display style. Users can set the notification for a specific time of day or have the program count down a certain number of hours, minutes, or seconds. We can think of many potential uses for NotifyMe. Sure, you could just enter a text message reminding you that it's time to go to the staff meeting, but how about an image of a nature scene and some calming music to force you to take a break now and then? On a shared computer, you could use it to set a surprise birthday message for someone. Our only complaint about NotifyMe is that we're not sure if we're using it to its full potential; the publisher's description says that the program can be used as a virtual photo album, audio player, or virtual radio, but we're not sure how you'd do any of these things without a lot of fiddling and scheduling of individual events. The program's built-in Help file is brief and doesn't address any of these features. Still, we like NotifyMe a lot just for its basic notification features, and anything else that you can do with it is a bonus.
NotifyMe installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Produce advanced reminders and messages with full screen, balloon pop ups or audio. Set moods on your computer by assigning music to be played when the desktop background is changed. Heaps of settings to play with to suit your personal taste.
What's new in this version:
- Added png image support.
- Fixed multiple bugs
- Update system
More Products to Consider
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Chat with other users connected to a LAN.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Set reminders for every text messages you receive on your cellp...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Scan databases and spreadsheets, generate automatic e-mail mess...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Get notifications of incoming messages from your FaceBook frien...
- Track and send notifications about your appointments to your mo...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Send free text messages to mobile phones or schedule them for d...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Set reminders and synchronize your calendars between your Outlo...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Easily and quickly create a reminder.
- Transfer Phone Contacts, SMS, Photos, Call Log between Android,...
- Be informed of the new e-mail messages arriving from multiple e...
- Encrypt your messages into pictures to keep it private.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Monitor your Web site performance.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1