Designed specifically for Apple's Xserve, Xserve RAID and Xsan product lines, BakBone's NetVault: Backup for Mac OS X offers users a familiar native Mac user interface modeled after Apple's Server Manager, and integrates easily with heterogeneous environments. The product combines everything you'd expect in a best-of-class Mac application: scalability, ease-of-use, interoperability, proven reliability and advanced data protection. NetVault: Backup is available for the Apple Macintosh OS X v10.3.9 ("Panther") and v10.4.x ("Tiger") operating systems.
- Heterogeneous Support for Complex Networks: NetVault: Backup makes it easy to backup heterogeneous clients to the Mac OS X server. NetVault: Backup provides simple management for both Mac-only and mixed environments with support for UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Netware and Windows platforms.
- Comprehensive Disk-to-Disk Backup: NetVault: Backup simplifies the management of high-capacity and data-intensive applications (such as digital audio and video editing) with its Virtual Disk Library (VDL) disk-to-disk backup capabilities. VDL also operates as a standalone backup storage device, facilitating shorter backup windows while eliminating backup bottlenecks and minimizing SLA restore times.
- Maximum Scalability: NetVault: Backup easily accommodates increasing demands on network infrastructure and application servers' performance by adding new clients dynamically and seamlessly to the NetVault: Backup domain.
- Low TCO: NetVault: Backup delivers maximum value. NetVault: Backup is easy to deploy and its auto-configuration capabilities eliminate the need for costly professional services.
- Enterprise Features: NetVault: Backup includes policy management features for better data retention, security, and advanced reporting.