Play and record MIDI music in real time from the computer keyboard, An external MIDI keyboard is not needed. Customize keyboard notes, controls and tracks to record, then transpose and synchronize to a new or existing track with the Keyboard Map editor. In the XG Editor, standard Windows controls and forms as well as straightforward labels are used. The Measure Editor features looping playback of the selected range of even while editing a table of measures. The names, order and inclusion status of notes and controls including drum names and the optional piano keyboard graphic are customizable for the Note and Control editors using the Kit Editor. The instrument sound selection controlled by program and bank select messages is customizable. Precise unadulterated MIDI file editing in "Pure" mode with the Event Grid editor. Customizable track control initialization table or Track Editor. The Drum Editor features looping playback while editing using a grid. Supports format 0 and 1, ticks per quarter note Standard MIDI files. Converts between format 0 and 1.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 adds Windows Vista compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Create your own piece of music and play it out.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Create your own music and supply it with studio effects.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Create and edit sheet music for many types of fretted stringed ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Get the latest patch to update from version 9.0 to 9.03.
- Train your ears, learn to read music by sight, and study music ...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Practice your musical skills accompanied by high-quality drums.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Compose, record, edit, and play music with this 12-channel audi...
- Import your MIDI files, customize them through graphical contro...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Record and play your MIDI and digital audio tracks.
- Create and edit grooves using a flexible step-sequencer.
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Lean to play a wooden musical instrument called the Oriental Gu...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Utility offers high level MIDI song Edit and Playback"
Version: Midiocre 1.2
Multiple Editors are available to Play and Modify Existing GM & XG MIDI songs. Changes made may be heard and saved. It is the only utility I could find that offers a MEASURE EDITOR! This means that MIDI song arrangements that have excessive verse repitions or annoying embellishments may be culled to taste. IMPORTANT: The following is not documented in the HELP. Use FILE Menu/'Convert to FORMAT 1' if desired Editors not initially available. Once your use of the Editors is completed, Conversion back to FORMAT 0 is available from the FILE Menu if needed.
These are not 'Cons', but rather 'Heads-up's. 1. READ 'Pro's' IMPORTANT above, otherwise many Ediitors may not appear. 2. The Download 'EXE' file creates a folder with the utility and a README.TXT file. You must create your own Shortcut to the utility. 3. The Author's contact in the README.TXT file is out of date.
Midiocre 1.2 is ideal for adjusting existing MIDI songs that have annoying content like 20 verses when the original song has only 3.