From Software MacKiev:
Mavis Beacon's avatar is so realistic in the new 2011 Ultimate Mac Edition from Software MacKiev, that you'll think she's inside your computer, cheering you on. And there's plenty to cheer about in this new edition. Try out the optional Dvorak keyboard, used by the world's fastest typists. Type the lyrics of your favorite songs for practice while listening to your iTunesÃ?Â® playlists. Get smarter while you practice typing up-to-the minute news feeds from BBC News to National Geographic and The Weather Channel. Type an entire novel for practice, with the full text of dozens of classic novels, from Treasure Island to Les Miserables. Take a break with 17 gorgeous high-resolution action typing games, the most games ever in a Mavis Beacon edition. Set up automatic iCalÃ?Â® reminders to make sure you get in the practice time you need, up to three times a day. Also includes personalized progress reports, dictation practice, a custom lesson creator, ergonomic videos, posture exercises and much more.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- GNU S statistical computing and graphics.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Create 3D vision page flip eBooks on Mac.
- Tool to turn PDF to 3D eBook on Mac with cool 3D vision and pag...
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- Electronic circuit simulator and analyzer.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Analyze Earth satellite image data.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- Translate text between 64 international languages.
- Head for the hills in this off-road bike race.
- EBook Converter, convert ePub to Kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to...
- Pac-Man emulator.
- TeX previewer with supplemental TeXLive/teTeX distribution.
- Learn how to touch type without looking at the keyboard.
- Checkers game.
- Mathematics teaching and visualization tool.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"i enjoyed learning the typing tutor"
Version: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 2011 2011
i want to pick up my speed typing
I used it before and it has good understanding
I like this product because my daughter has also done great wonders with her learning abilities
"If you are running Snow Leopard and a 30\" Monito..."
Version: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 2011 2009
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I returned to this programme after several years (since OS 9) because it was on special and I used to like it so much. I have a 30" monitor on my Mac Pro running 10.6.1 and as soon as I booted the programme, it took over the whole screen, no window size - nothing. OK I could put up with huge letters and graphics but wait there's more. As soon as the programme quits and it returns the Display back to 2560 x 1600 resolution, the whole screen is in disarray - window sizes changed, positions of icons etc all over the place. Whilst the programme itself may be good, the programming behind it is absolutely amateurish. There is no choice of window size, choice of resolution, nothing. If they had offered a demo and I would have seen thisawefull interface I would not have purchased it, even at the special price of US$17.99.