CNET Editors' review
Typing complex mathematical equations or scientific expressions can be difficult when creating tests or writing research papers if you are using only Microsoft Word or Excel--these apps, though powerful tools, simply are limited in such areas. However, thanks to this nifty app, you can build authentic formulas appropriate for rigorous review and study.
MathType launches a compact interface with four rows of buttons for a variety of symbols, and a row of tabbed buttons categorized by type of expression: algebra, derivations, statistics, matrices, sets, trigonometry, and geometry. These five rows are arrayed over a pane for typing and manipulating the equations the user wishes to build. The design is simple and straightforward, and navigating the app's features is simple to master. This app performed very satisfactorily during our tests. Building an equation in the editing pane was a simple matter, by clicking buttons to select a symbol or using the Insert Symbol command. Copying and pasting from the editing pane into another app was a snap. We liked very much the ease in adding an expression--and even an entire category of expressions--to the row of tabbed buttons. MathType offers a number of formatting options to suit a variety of equation types. We appreciated the range of options available for customizing the app through the Preferences dialog box, and most users should be satisfied by this list of options.
Although the trial period is limited to 30 days, this time frame should be adequate for most users to determine the suitability of MathType for their work. On the other hand, the price tag may scare off all but the most dedicated users.
From Design Science:
MathType works with any word processor, presentation program, page layout program, HTML-authoring tool, plus other types of software, to create equations for research papers, class materials, web pages, slide presentations, journal articles and books.
More Products to Consider
- Perform computationally intensive tasks in an interactive mathe...
- Create constructions with points, vectors, and segments for lat...
- Perform engineering analysis and modeling.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Draw graphs of mathematical functions in a coordinate system.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Provide a powerful equation plotter with numerical and calculus...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a high school student administrative syst...
- Display mathematical notation in Web pages.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Visually plot a trajectory of a projectile.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"it helps me too much"
Version: MathType 6.8
this is a powerful interactive equation editor that lets you to create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages and desktop publishing.
It is not compatible with all Windows version.