CNET Editors' reviewEven the most die-hard wrestling fans will have a hard time getting past this game's primitive graphics and choppy controls. MDickie's Booking Mpire makes you a manager of a wrestling clan. Each season, you've got to hire new athletes, train your team, and control your wrestlers while they're in the ring. We like the attention to detail and number of options offered in customizing characters. While you can choose the build of and even clothes for your character, choosing a face is a letdown as the graphics are blocky--making your wrestler look simply like a blockhead. Negotiations with prospective wrestlers are one of the high points of the game, as conversations are very realistic and entertaining. The main problem lies with the action in the ring. There's not much flexibility when moving a wrestler around. If you change the "camera" perspective, too, moving is doubly complicated. We were shocked at the quality of the game graphics overall, considering how much memory the game sucks up (80MB.) With a modicum of intellectual stimulation yet little in the way of action, this wrestling game may not be worth the hefty, three-trial download.
There are two sides to every story--and life behind the desk of a wrestling show can be just as exciting as what goes on in the ring. Having retired from active competition, you must now make your presence felt in the office. The wrestling industry is in a slump, and only the most talented of bookers can restore its former glory. The successful applicant must orchestrate exciting nights of action, build arena improvements, nurture the performers, and bring in new talent. All the while making sure the show makes a profit, and keeps the fickle TV network happy. Only then can a wrestling show once again reign as the undisputed champion of entertainment.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Become a professional wrestler, manage finances, and step into ...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Manage your own wrestling promotion with retro 2D graphics.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Scan and clean up your registry to improve your system's perfor...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Track, report and share information using database solutions.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Test sherlock holmesian powers of deduction.
- Run your own wrestling promotion with fully playable matches.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: