CNET Editors' review
An alarm is the one feature sorely missing from Windows' built-in clock. Llama Alarm Clock adds a neat alarm clock to your computer that works well, but suffers from being way too simple.
For being a beefy 6MB download, this widget is certainly lacking in the features department. There's no installation needed, as the widget performs its function once clicked. It comes with only two alarm noises, though you can add your own to the mix. Llama Alarm Clock leeches off of the Windows clock, but you can't change time zones or create multiple clocks. The only thing you can change is displaying military time instead of the 12-hour clock. The widget's interface is also quite simple. You have an option to set the alarm, turn it off, or snooze.
Llama Alarm Clock could be a good solution for users who spend a significant amount of time on their computers, whether for work or fun, and need an alarm to remind them of something important on their schedule. However, to completely steal users away from using their phone or a desk clock as an alarm, this widget would have to be stacked with more features.
From Chris Kurhan:
Llama Alarm Clock is a simple, easy to use, alarm clock. You can display a 12 or 24 hour clock and set alarms in either form and plays any .wav media file you choose to wake you up. It comes with 2 alarms and uses JLayer to play mp3 files.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Set single or multiple alarms on your Windows machine.
- Software strobe tuner.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Create, edit, and convert Windows animated cursors.
- Connect to your SoundCloud account and access SoundCloud tracks...
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- Tune your musical instrument and compare with the original tuni...
- Digital alarm clock.
- Create bootable Live USB drives for many Linux distributions.