Jer's Novel Writer has tons of handy features, as well as the features you would expect from a word processor. Here's a list of the most important ones.
- Margin Notes
- Automatic Outline
- Full Screen Mode
- Separate formatting options for print and screen
- It actually knows what a chapter is (or whatever organizational structure you want to use).
- A panel for general notes lets you keep track of story issues and ideas (and the last time you ate).
- Word count
- More accurate page count estimates
- Better performance than most word processors for really, really big documents.
What's new in this version:
- Added Strikethrough menu item
- Removed depricated function from MergedCellOutlineView
- Sometimes opening apps like OpenOffice.org would cause Jer's Novel Writer to crash. The system font manager is sending an update to JersNW that is a) not relevant and b) troublesome. I never got the problem to happen in Laboratory conditions, but I put in code to make JersNW ignore the messages.
- Jer's Novel Writer should run on G3 processors again