CNET Editors' review
Converting multiple pictures in a batch can be messy and can take more time than it should. Image Converter Pro for Mac allows you to convert sets of photos from one type to another, optionally setting the quality for some formats. It is a small application designed to allow quick batch conversion, but it doesn't feel like a mature and fully capable app.
With Image Converter Pro you can simply drag and drop your pictures into the main window and they are ready to be processed. Doing so on the dock icon will directly convert them using your last settings, with no further interaction needed. The user interface is not really appealing and contains four strange-looking tab buttons on the left. What's a little confusing is that no feedback is given in the interface. Some buttons don't seem to work properly, as they don't confirm an action has been triggered. You have to go check in your export folder to see if something happened there -- clearly not an ideal workflow for an app that aims at fast and easy batch conversions. Another issue that could prove to be a deal breaker for most users looking for batch conversion is that no resize function of any sort is available. The inability to export a single picture without a watermark in the demo version is also a little harsh for a software that packs only a few options. We would have preferred to be limited in size or number of pictures before being reminded this is a paid software.
Image Converter Pro for Mac doesn't seem too efficient and may leave both occasional and pro users underpowered. Perhaps this will be improved with the upcoming updates.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Image Converter Pro for Mac 1.0.2.
The Image Converter Pro is a tool that allows you to display single or multiple image files, and save either all of them, or just selected ones to the desired location, file format, and resolution. Numerous vector and raster formats including JPEG, JPEG-2000, TIFF, GIF, PNG, ICNS TGA, PSD, and BMP are supported.
You can easily add images to image list, and navigate through the images using navigation keys and keyboard shortcuts. The Image Converter Pro allows viewing images at different zoom amounts.
To convert a mac image, choose one of the export formats and press one of the export buttons. The export resolution can be changed under the Preferences tab of the Image Converter Pro . You may also set the default destination format, and the default location for the converted files.
What's new in this version: Image converting functionality changed. UI improved
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Batch capture frames from videos and save to static pictures, f...
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Small, simple webcam / security camera viewer.
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Scientific, pixel-by-pixel image processing & analysis.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content