CNET Editors' reviewThis Photoshop plug-in filter helps you construct icons for use with Mac OS X. You start by using Photoshop as an icon editor, then employ the plug-in as an assembly tool, which streamlines and organizes the building of icons. We found that with this process, IconBuilder Pro makes importing files and creating icons a breeze. One of the key features of OS X icons is their ability to scale smoothly at any size. We like that IconBuilder provides specific settings and tools that take the drudgery out of the process of applying scalability, transparency, and shadow features to newly created icons. Although you need at least a basic knowledge of Photoshop to take advantage of all the settings and tools, IconBuilder does come with well-written tutorials and a user manual that clearly explains the operations. Overall, users who are well versed in Photoshop and who wish to create Mac OS X icons should definitely check out this program.
IconBuilder Pro is a plug-in that takes advantage of Photoshop's editing, layering, and transparency functions to help you create icons for Mac and Windows. The QuickBuilder feature assembles all of an icon's resources with one click, allows you to view icons on a variety of backgrounds, and gives advice useful to both novice and expert users. Make 128-pixel icons for Mac OS X, export ICNS files for use in software applications, or dynamically scale icons for seamless use with the OS X dock.
Version 8.5.1 adds new option to save both compressed and uncompressed Vista ICO files.
What's new in this version:
- Support for 1024Ã?1024 icons in 10.7 (Lion)
- Updated links to external help pages
More Products to Consider
- Customize your icons and edit Mac and PC icon resources.
- Create customized desktop folder icons from pictures, files, fo...
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Collect, enhance, and print your photos.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Convert PDF documents into plain text ASCII files.
- Restore the color quality of digital images automatically.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Adjust the gradations of darker areas to optimally reveal detai...
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- View images of skydivers in freefall on your monitor in screens...
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- Create a new time base.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Move items, make copies and aliases with a set of hierarchical ...
- 32 bit icon & resource editor, reads PC & OS X icons too.
- Page layout & design.
- Put customizable page numbers anywhere on the pages of your PDF...
- Drag and drop a folder to automatically create an icon.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Quite astoundingly poor"
Version: IconBuilder 8.5.2
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
This is one of the most heroically user-unfriendly pieces of software that I have ever had the misfortune to try and use. Talk about over-complicated! I have never before been reduced to reading the instructions for every step of using using software. The way the developers have designed the process of using this software is so massively unintuitive as to be instantly forgettable.
Unless you are an very experienced (and patient!) Photoshop user -- or particularly masochistic -- I recommend you steer clear of this POS.
So bad, it's impressive.
"I need IconBuilder to build my favorite icon."
Version: IconBuilder 8.5.1
I've heard about this kind of software and i would like to try now, ok?
not yet see.