CNET Editors' review
If your friends are spread out in the vast ether that is the Internet, it's not easy to round them up in one app. IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android not only makes it possible, but incredibly easy, too. It supports more networks than you'll even know existed and makes all of your buddy lists easy to navigate.
This app constantly works in the background, so it will use up some battery life and RAM. It syncs with AIM, MSN, Facebook, Google Chat, and dozens of other messaging clients -- so you'll need to log in to each. If you want popular messaging service Skype, you have to shell out $4.99 for the pro version. That kicks out the ads, too -- but you probably won't notice those anyway. IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android doesn't piggyback on any one messaging app's layout. Instead, it combines all of the apps into a sleek, black layout with very smooth tabbed navigation. It's actually better looking than most of the individual messaging apps. The app even uses your standard notification noises for new chats and messages. Though your account gets connected in seconds, you can't view or edit your own or your friends' profiles.
The app does everything you'd expect a messaging app to do better than any other app in the Play Store. If you use more than one service to chat with your friends and family, there's no reason not to use it. IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android shines above other chat apps by offering support for more networks in one of the most stylish packages around.
Chat across AIM/iChat, MSN/Windows Live, Yahoo!, ICQ, Jabber, Google Talk, Facebook, VKontakte, Odnoklassniki.Ru, Yandex IM, RenRen, mig33, SINA Weibo, Mamba.Ru, Fetion, MeinVZ, Gadu-Gadu and Mail.Ru Agent messengers regardless of location and mobile operator. No cost per message, only standard payment for wireless data transfer. Show your Geo location to your contacts as a status message. User interface in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Czech, Russian, Portuguese, Arabian, Turkish, Japanese, Polish, Chinese and Korean. Skype, ICQ, AOL and MSN group chats: invite your friends and enjoy group conversations.
Set up Master Password to protect your communication. Enjoy a wide set of other features to make your communication smooth and convenient: typing notifications, integration with Android Address Book, share tool. Now you can select text from other apps or your browser and easily add it to an instant message through IM+. Always on, always instant, always fun.
What's new in this version:
- Option to store and access chat history on IM+ Web service, available at https://plus.im,
- Group chats in Jabber, Google Talk and Yandex.Chat,
- Advanced notifications for Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean,
- New options for Sleep Mode.
More Products to Consider
- Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype ...
- Call and text anyone, anywhere.
- Unite Skype, MSN, Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, GTalk, VKonta...
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Nimbuzz is everything you need to communicate for free.
- Get WhatsApp Messenger and say goodbye to SMS!.
- Puffin Web Browser is the fastest web browser on the Android pl...
- Kik Messenger.
- Tether your computer through the Android phone's data connectio...
- Chat with your Yahoo friends from your Android device.
- Engage and exploit the Web with a clever Android browser.
- Enjoy the most accurate name and phone number lookup service wi...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Exchange free SMS with other SMS Anywhere users or any GSM netw...
- Provide Internet access to your laptop through your Android pho...
- IPhone Style and Android Capability SMS in Android Phone!.
- GO SMS PRO made for the theme lovers.
- Turn on Portable Wi-Fi hotspotImprove your mobile computing exp...
- The App That Eliminates Unwanted Toll Free Phone Solicitation.
- This app enables you to live chat through the cam on your devic...
- Best Rate and Quality to India Land line and Mobile.Call and SM...
- Get the Twitter client for your Android device.
- IP3054 app for IG7600.
- TRACK EVERY SMS,CALL & LOCATION!Upload Every thing to GMAIL!!!F...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Multiprotocol is nice"
Version: IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android 6.4.1
a few take longer time
"The best messenger app for Androids"
Version: IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android 5.0
Simply the best.
It's plain and it has everything you would need for chatting
The best messenger for Android
"Very nice app"
Version: IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android 3.7
Multi protocol is cool
Multi protocol is cool
Check ReChat (facebook chat for android): http://refineandroid.doodlekit.com/
- multiple accounts;
- plain/bubble views. Customize avatar/font sizes.
- font packs (download separate apk to keep memory).
- full Unicode support;
- favorites (always in contact list);
- customize income message notification: default sound/your sound file, LED, vibration, status bar notification.
- chat history. Export (email) selected messages, open chat messages, whole history for a contact, whole history for all contacts. Archive attachment with 7zip.
- all non-chat permissions are revoked, customize period, "revoke now".
- upload image/short video (several share options)
- send image/short video to a contact (private wall post).
- send message to a contact (as a private event or private wall post).
- set status message.
"Does not work for Sprint Epic (Android 2.1 OS)"
Version: IM+ All-in-One Messenger for Android 3.0.11
Tried all of my accounts & provider's test accounts. Cannot get this to work.
I wonder if this is only compatible with Froyo so will try again when Sprint rolls out Android 2.2 to Epics (currently only EVOs are on 2.2, Epics shipped with 2.1)
I use Pidgin on my laptops & haven't used a single-account IM client in 5 years, so was really looking forward to the same on my Epic.
But alas it simply will not connect - tried various chat protocols individually in case was some error with one of them, tried test accounts provided by the software developer.
All to no avail.
The interface looks pretty clean & the idea is tried & true, so please fix this. So glad I didn't download the paid version.