CNET Editors' review
HomeBank promises "free, easy personal accounting for everyone." It not only manages your accounts but also helps you analyze your finances. Customizable filters and colorful graphs help HomeBank deliver on the "easy," and more than 50 interface languages cover "everyone," as long as they're using Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8. We tried HomeBank in 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium.
HomeBank's download is suitable for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, and its installer automatically detected our 64-bit system and installed the correct version. HomeBank's user interface is well designed and even attractive in a businesslike way, with well-rendered features and a layout and theme that will blend in well with many productivity suites (you can change the look, too!). A Welcome splash screen offered choices such as the HomeBank Manual, Configure Preferences, and Create a New File. We opened the browser-based Manual, which has an indexed Lexicon of terms. That's something we don't often see in any software, let alone accounting freeware. You can import files from Quicken, Money, and other apps, and HomeBank's import assistant dialog will hold your hand while you do it. We opened the Manage Accounts tool and created an account, manually, too. HomeBank's account wizard even lets you enter a number range for your paper checks (or "cheques").
HomeBank's layout breaks down your finances into three intuitive parts: Your Accounts, Where Your Money Goes, and Scheduled Transactions. A color-coded pie chart shows at a glance "where your money goes," which is the first step in getting control of your finances. You'll need some data and some transaction records to take advantage of HomeBank's analysis features and other extras. But HomeBank makes it easy to track your online purchases, monthly bills, and other expenses, so you can start saving right away. For example, the Vehicle Cost Report considers fuel cost and consumption, not just car payments and insurance. It adds up! But that's the point: With help from HomeBank, your finances can add up and balance out, too.
HomeBank can be used to manage your personal accounts. It is designed to easy to use. Analyze your finances in detail using powerful filtering tools and graphs. HomeBank is an easy way to manage your accounts.
What's new in this version: Version 4.5.1 includes running balance column into account window, update of wallet balance while editing an account, code preparation for GTK3 migration, and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Organize and manage your personal finances.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage your bills using the envelope method.
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Manage your personal finances, balance budgets, and view report...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Track income, expenses, stocks, and revenue for personal or sma...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Search your domain name for availability.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create and manage UML diagrams on PC.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Runtime error occurred, wiping out my entries"
Version: HomeBank 4.4
looks nice...that's it!
1- Created an account, made entries which stopped appearing. I checked the transactions tab, then the bar charts, suddenly "runtime error" window shows up, shuts down, windows looks online for a solution, and finds NONE!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content