CNET Editors' review
HTML Guardian did a quick scan of our system as soon as we opened it. The main interface is a small dialog that's packed full of features and controls, yet an efficient, clean layout makes everything easy to handle. This tool is actually a suite of utilities that offer ultra-strong password protection; file, site, an image protection; file conversion; and more. Access to settings is provided through the file menu, a Settings button, and a series of icons controlling each setting's properties interface separately. A Filters button lets you configure a variety of options, such as excluding files above or below a preset size. It's easy to use, too. We started with password-protecting an HTML file. We clicked Settings/Encryption and made our selections, including enabling any browser as well as setting the password and the conditions under which it's accepted. We browsed to an HTML file, opened it, and clicked Encrypt, which took just seconds as displayed by a progress bar. We clicked Test, and the offline Web page opened blanked out in Firefox with a password entry dialog. We entered the password we'd just enabled, clicked OK, and the page loaded. The other tools are similarly easy, though some, such as the Scripting tool, will appeal to more advanced users.
As the developers note, HTML Guardian is the cyber-world's de facto standard for securing digital property rights, and not without reason; the platform has undergone constant refinement and updating, and it shows. Coders, Web page developers, writers, and anyone with digital property they'd like to protect ought to take a look at HTML Guardian.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Scripting uninstaller.
- Protect your html documents.
- Generate secured passwords and restrict access to any Web page.
- Protect your Web site and its pages using password.
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Generate passwords automatically according to specific patterns...
- Protect your Web pages with passwords.
- Generate professional static Web sites yourself.
- Protect HTML pages and text files with password .
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Why listed as free??"
Version: HTML Guardian 7.8.4
I haven't tested this program because like many user's of software, I like to read the reviews first and someone has stated that it is not free. Indeed visit the developers website and you will discover this to be true. Why has cnet gone lazy in doing it's home work? Forgive me for stating the obvious, but Free should be Free and Free to Try should be, oh I give up!
""IT IS NOT FREE""
Version: HTML Guardian 7.7.3
You can know the software before to purchase it.
The personal edition arranges a green banner on the top of Web Page. Useless.
"Great way to protect against harmful internet viruses!!"
Version: HTML Guardian 7.7.3
This was an excellent way for me to protect against all of those nasty internet viruses, literally saved me houres by protecting me from at least 50 viruses so far!!!!
Sometimes makes my cp a tiny bit slower, but thats about it, generally a great product