Foobar2000 is a convenient and flexible media player that you can load with all of your favorite music and customize to suit your specific needs and preferences. After a bit of setup, you can use this app in just about any way you see fit to manage your media library.
Quick and versatile: This app loads quickly and plays your media smoothly. It also can handle a large library with ease, so no matter how much music you already have, you can keep it all here without worry.
Customizable layout: There are many options for customization available through this app. You can choose the Quick Setup option, or you can go through the process of making individual selections about the type of information you'd like to see displayed. There are also other skins available through separate downloads.
Tough for beginners: This app doesn't have a lot of help for inexperienced users, and it also isn't terribly intuitive to set up. If you have some experience with this type of program, you'll catch on quickly. But this isn't a good option if you're just getting started with media players.
Foobar2000 is a competent and flexible free media player, and it can handle a lot of content with ease. It may not be the best option for beginners, but its multiple options for customization will quickly make converts out of more experienced users.
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include ReplayGain support, low memory footprint, and native support for several popular audio formats.
What's new in this version:
- Generic performance optimizations, mainly affecting very large playlists and libraries.
- Improved configuration save cycle and shutdown performance with very large libraries [beta 3].
- Playlist & Media Library search dialogs no longer block UI when performing lookups.
- Converter: added an option to transfer ReplayGain information to the destination files.
- Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cach... See all new features »