CNET Editors' review
Flv Crunch is one of many free tools available for converting various video and audio files to multiple formats. The application has a pretty standard user interface, giving you access to the basic conversion operations without any customization options, but you won't really miss them, as Flv Crunch does a very good job in a short time frame.
If you are a novice user, you may want to access the built-in Help file, but intermediate and advanced level users will intuitively know where to click and what action to take in order to improve the video conversion. What we liked is the application's ability to convert a long list of file types such as MPEG and Windows Media Player files, and convert them into the most common ones used on the Mac OS X platform.
The video conversion process is as easily said as done. Here FLV Crunch comes with very useful presets to allow you to work more easily, allowing you to quickly convert videos to iPod- and iPhone compatible formats or just standard VGA. However, there are little tricks you may want to learn in order to get the best conversion. For example, if the video you want to convert is in high quality, you'll need to check the high-quality option in order to keep the same quality after the file is converted. Once you remember these details, we think you'll like this simple app as much as we did.
Overall, FLV Crunch's performance was great; we couldn't find any issues during our testing, and its easy-to-understand interface make the video memories conversion process seamless and fun. Highly recommended for all levels of users.Flv Crunch for Mac - Convert files between multiple formats, including .flv - Download Video Previews:
From G 3:
This is the premier video converter for Mac OS X. Its modest system requirements allow it to work with Macs running Mac OS 10.1 all the way to Mac OS 10.6. It is easy to use and free. It handles a wide selection of video formats. Digital video is something we can all enjoy with this program. Make your videos playable on PDA's, settop boxes, DVD players, flat screen TV's. iPods, iPhones, iPads, smart phones, and PC's. Flv Crunch can convert all these formats: mpg, vob, mp4, mov, dv, avi, 3gp, mka, mkv, mp3, wma, wmv, rm, ra, aiff, m4a, m4v, flv, mod, flac, and wav.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a bug that causes the selected sampling rate to change when simply opening the preferences.
- Fixed a bug that caused the selected sampling rate to change after a conversion.
- Fixed a bug that prevented m4v files from being added to the file list.
More Products to Consider
- Play FLV videos, including screen video, sorenson H.263, H.264.
- Play, import, convert and export Windows Media video and audio ...
- Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD video on Mac.
- Convert MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, MKV, AVCHD MTS/M2TS, MXF, FLV, MP3,...
- Broadcast and access videos and radio on the Internet.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Motion graphics & visual effects for film, video, multimedia, w...
- Convert multimedia files between formats.
- DVD authoring tool.
- Convert all audio & video formats in AVI, WMV, MP4, H.264/AVC, ...
- Convert and import any video clip like AVI, WMV, MTS, MOD, FLV ...
- Mac video file format converter. Convert avi, mov, wmv, 3gp and...
- Convert mov files to JPG images.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Advanced screen recording application.
- Play various media on your Mac.
- Free Mac video editor software. Easily edit movies and video cl...
- Multi-camera video surveillance app.
- Play Blu-ray movies, 1080p HD video and any other media with a ...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Open-source media player with an elegant look and support for a...
- Subscribe to, watch, and distribute online videos.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 111 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Worked for me when vlc didn't"
Version: Flv Crunch 1.5.1
Converted a .avi.flv to mp4 with sound that plays on a Chromebook, when I couldn't get vlc to do it.
No cons - CNET should let you leave this box blank!