First Assistant is a multi-purpose data management utility for film and video professionals, designed to aid offline editors and assistant editors in the production and post-production workflow.
- Click on a window for an enlarged view.
- Manage timecode-based editorial notes for creating asset lists and cue sheets (e.g., for ADR, VFX, stock footage).
- Convert whole documents between timecode formats with one click (e.g., 23.98 NDF to 29.97 DF pull-down).
- Import from a Final Cut Pro timeline, and export text-based files for Microsoft Excel.
- Track scene timings (including page counts, estimated and production timings) during prep and editorial assembly.
- Perform versatile sorting, filtering, and summarizing.