CNET Editors' review
If you've ever drawn a circle around an idea and then linked it to a bunch of other circles with related ideas, you've created a mind map, which is actually a catch-all term for a wide range of diagrams, charts, and graphical representations that you can use to conceptualize everything from a dinner party to a billion-dollar project. Edraw Mind Map's templates and examples make it easy to create high-quality mind maps and similar diagrams suitable for any use. It's free for noncommercial and home users.
Edraw Mind Map's interface takes its visual clues from Office rather than the Explorer-style layout that is typical of modern graphics app, and it gives Edraw a familiar feel. We could quickly change the layout's color via the Style button. The main window displayed a Getting Started page with all the available templates categorized under Mind Map, Clip Art, and More Templates. The free version provides one Template, a Mind Mapping Diagram, but many Examples to go with it, including Decision Making, Life Planner, Marketing Strategy, and even PEST Analysis. We could also choose US, Metric, or Custom units when creating a new map. We chose a Decision Making template, which opened with a finished diagram populated with Process Steps we could click to configure and a left-hand Libraries panel offering a wide variety of Symbols, Mind Shapes, and Clip Art to choose from, plus the ability to add more from our system. We made good use of the Dynamic Help button on the right side of the interface. Holding our cursor over it produced an expanding panel with a detailed explanation of whatever step or process we were dealing with. Edraw has all the little touches of a well-configured tool, such as the spectrally arranged color buttons along the bottom edge for superfast changes.
Right-clicking any element in our map brought up a menu configuring everything from its Shape and Geometry to its Topics, Groupings, and Hyperlinks. While we found Edraw very easy to use at every stage, there is a lot to this tool, and it takes some time to learn all its features. But Edraw Mind Map is well worth the effort.
Edraw Mind Map is a vector-based mind mapping software with rich examples and templates which make it easy to create mind maps, brain-storming diagrams, project timeline, life planner, SWOT analysis and sketch maps. Through Edraw mind mapping software, you can visualize your thinking and quickly arrange and organize your work, all to benefit you as well as people around you. It features smart drawing guide can layout the mind map shapes automatically, lots of high-quality topics, examples and templates, supports big size mind map. Support extend page and collapse topics, supports multiple page Mind Map document, creates professional-looking mind maps quickly with themes, effects and quick styles, gain greater productivity in mapping with features like automatically aligns and add multiple topics one time, integrated with Microsoft Office application and easy to share, and generics graphic formats support and WYSIWYG printing.
What's new in this version: Version 7 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- Create creative mind maps, brainstorms, and flow diagrams.
- Create charts, graphics, diagrams, and maps easily.
- Collect and illustrate your ideas, thoughts, and tasks to enhan...
- Build mind maps and manage your projects easily.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Find out how millions of users worldwide have revolutionized th...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create a map of your plans, notes, meetings, speeches, and outl...
- Create professional photo organizational charts in a simple way...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create diagrams for software engineers and designers.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Great mind map freeware; direct download had no malware"
Version: Edraw Mind Map 7
Very impressed for freeware: intuitive interface, great selection of shapes / connectors, lots of creative flexibility, and an overall polished feel. I've never used mind mapping software before, but I was able to create digital representations of my hand-drawn scribbles within minutes of installing the program. Export options are also quite flexible.
None yet. Be careful how you install the program. I used the direct download link, which had no adverts or options for malware / adware. Perhaps the problems others are reporting are due to using an installer service.
Edraw Mind Map offers an impressive selection of features while still being accessible--and dare I say it--fun to use. I enjoy organization, especially when it comes to idea management, so this software represents a very powerful tool for my planning and brainstorming processes.
"Spy Ware and Free Ware loaded"
Version: Edraw Mind Map 7
The software works fine.
Some good shapes and backgrounds to spice up the look of the maps
The software is a total con in that the download loaded various internet games, search engines, changed my search preferences etc. This was after I declined all offers to do so before downloading the software.
It's a total lie saying this download is from of freeware, spyware, spam ware etc.
Internet gaming icons, alternative search icons and the like were all loaded on my desktop with no method for removing them.
Complete Fail for this software and CNET.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: