CNET Editors' review
Contact managers don't have to be complex to be useful, and E-Z Contact Book takes that fact and runs with it. This simple program makes it easy to keep track of friends, family, business associates, and anyone else, and it includes a few extra features that set it above the no-frills competition.
E-Z Contact Book's interface is plain and intuitive, and we had no trouble getting started with it. To add contacts, you must first create a new group within the All Contacts heading. This makes it easy to keep contacts from different parts of your life organized and easy to find. For each contact, you can then add both personal and business contact information, a birthday, and notes. The program has a search feature, an important component of any contact manager that you're going to use for more than a few people, but what really impressed us were some of the other features that you don't always see in programs of this type. You can click on a contact's e-mail address to launch a default e-mail program and click on Web addresses to go to the Web site--fairly typical features--but you can also click on a phone number to initiate a call using Skype. You have to have Skype installed for this to work, of course, and the typical fees apply, but those who are already fans of Skype will appreciate this feature. We also loved it that the program will automatically launch Google Maps and show the location of a contact's address. An online Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we were quite impressed with E-Z Contact Book; we loved that it doesn't go overboard with features of questionable value but instead includes just a few, really useful extras in an easy-to-navigate interface.
From Dmitri Karshakevich:
E-Z Contact Book is a free easy to use yet powerful Windows program to store and manage contact information. You can use it as a business directory, customer database, or a personal contact address/phone/email book. Phone numbers, emails, web pages, faxes, business and home addresses, customer notes - you can maintain all this data in an organized format. You can start sending emails, open web pages and making calls using Skype in one click. The program has a simple intuitive interface with quick and powerful "wildcard" search feature.Program features: - Import and export data to/from comma-separated (CSV) text files, MS Outlook, Google CSV files, eCard files, and its own database backup files. - Printing of a single card or the entire Contact Book. - Birthday reminders. - Printing of mail envelopes. - Finding contact location in Google Maps. - Integration with GMail Contacts.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed error adding new contact when default State is longer than 3 characters
More Products to Consider
- Manage your personal contacts and publish your address book to ...
- Organize addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of your...
- Manage your contact and customer information.
- Store and manage contact information.
- Manage your individual and organization contact information.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Organize and plan your business and private life.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Manage and monitor your contacts, e-mail addresses, and informa...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Organize addresses and print letters in multiple languages and ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 27 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Most likely the best phone-book out there"
Version: E-Z Contact Book 188.8.131.52
Holds all the information needed for unlimited amount of contacts, easy to use.
Needs a way to sync database between PC (I think the developer is working on that)
Can't believe the Winnie Butts that complain about a FREE program and not give the developer a chance to repair a glitch! I had a small problem when first installed and it was solved the very same day ( not like Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc....); hence the new update Oct 10th to Version 184.108.40.206. So, all you Cry Babies out there give em a chance, it cost you nothing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content