CNET Editors' review
Diet Buddy allows users to track their weight loss and also offers a 16-week fitness program. Although the software is easy to use, it has some significant flaws.
Diet Buddy's interface is not terribly attractive, but it is at least intuitive; a good thing since there's no Help file. Users enter their weight and body measurements at the beginning and continue to track them over time; Diet Buddy provides a graph allowing users to track their progress. The rest of the content is questionable at best, and we get the sense that the program's developer used whatever he happened to know about fitness and nutrition without doing any research. The program warns users never to do cardio before strength training because it burns muscle instead of fat; this is simply not true. The program's eating tips suggest a low-carb diet, which may be fine for some users but is also a strategy that has been largely discredited in recent years. Diet Buddy offers a one-size-fits-all approach to weight loss from someone who is not knowledgeable about the topic. Perhaps the real point of the program is the ad revenue; a large strip on the bottom of the program is devoted to ads, and throughout the program's content, users are referred to particular gyms and purveyors of exercise equipment.
Diet Buddy is free and installs without issues, but it does leave a folder behind upon removal. We do not recommend this program; there are plenty of other alternatives with sound diet and exercise advice that do not try to coax users into buying particular goods and services.
From Fox Development:
Diet Buddy is the one program you need to accompany you on your way to your dream weight. Its easy, well-balanced handling feels intuitive to users of any age, making it the right choice for anyone. You will be able to monitor not only your weight, but also your BMI and bodyfat percentage. With features like the weight loss chart, Diet Buddy provides you not only with numbered statistics but also with visual motivation to keep your diet going. Besides, powerful motivation techniques are included that have helped thousands reach their goal weight before. Version 2 of Diet Buddy now features a complete 16 week professional fitness and diet plan - the perfect substitute for a personal trainer. It is easy and fun to follow and guarantees fast success. All exercises are described and illustrated comprehensibly so that you will have no trouble at all following the routines, no matter what your training level is. If you do not like to stare at the computer screen while exercising - no problem. Just print out the routines and lose weight wherever you want. Furthermore, valuable information on proper eating and cardio training will let you find out which foods to eat to gain best results and how many calories you burn in different activities. Even sample meal plans are included. Now it is easy to get in great shape fast. See for yourself - for free.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 includes a user guide, print feature, body fat scale support, sample meals, improved cardio training tips, motivation techniques, and improved usability.
More Products to Consider
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Monitor your nutrition with a diet diary and meal planner.
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Make video for YouTube with optimal size and quality, upload vi...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get free, live, streaming local weather and severe weather aler...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Extract audio from movies and save as MP3.
- Analyze your destiny based on Five Chinese Elements.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Play, stream, and share files on P2P, the cloud, and your local...
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1