CNET Editors' review
Desktop Calendar Reminder promises to help you keep track of the days and important events. However, this basic calendar doesn't really live up to its promise or, for that matter, its name.
This program isn't much to look at. It presents itself as a simple light-blue calendar that pops up on the middle of your desktop in a small rectangle. There is space for writing a note about the day at the bottom. There are also tabs for the day's notes and for a general area to write non-date-specific notes. We were a little confused, since part of its name implies that the program offers a reminder feature, but there was no alarm or automated reminder system in place. Nowhere in this program did we find a way to enhance this simple calendar with a way to keep us on task. From our best guess, the term "reminder" refers to the small screen at the bottom that can be written upon.
We found nothing special about this program that Windows users don't already have built-in. Besides its simple ability to type a note for that day, there is nothing that makes this program anything but a digitized version of the paper calendar hanging on your wall. We recommend users look elsewhere for calendars.
Desktop Calendar Reminder is simple, compact and easy to use desktop calendar. It has digital clock, calendar and note's area for every day. There are options for changing calendar colors, fonts, and style.
What's new in this version: Version 1.70 has added search notes and backup functions.
More Products to Consider
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Be alerted of any events when you turn your computer on.
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Place a clock with calendar and reminders on your desktop.
- Adjust images for your desktop wallpaper and get reminders from...
- Set a customizable calendar as your wallpaper.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Get reminders with a talking alarm clock.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Use your favorite video clip as your reminder for certain event...
- Place a customizable digital alarm clock on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Customize your desktop folder icons.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Display a digital desktop clock and calendar with various featu...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Get a digital style clock with calendar.
- Remember important events with an alarm clock, a scheduler, a c...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"not sure cnet,why u give 3.5 stars but an awful review?"
Version: Desktop Calendar Reminder 1.70
AVOIDED THIS ALTOGETHER!won't be trying thanks to cnet's review content (star rating clearly a mistake though), so i'm going to look for something more functional an customisable. My standard windows does all this anyway.
That i had to read the review due to the star rating being inconsistent to the review itself.But this is not much to moan about really. Annoying that it's not possible to leave some of the boxes on this review black, as i would have done if i could, as i was only planning to write in the summary and that was it. But oh well.
sorry, this is not really a review but a comment on how cnet's star rating does not reflect the content of their review...
How come cnet gives this 3 and a half star rating, yet it gives it a terrible review?? A bit confusing, and a bit of a pain, as i use the star rating to help me decide which reviews to go on and read, and so seeing this had 3.5 stars i thought it worth a further look. But then find although cnet gave it 3.5 stars, they have given the download a rubbish review. I wouldn't have read the review if cnet had rated one star, as their review content shows is what they think. Right, moan over!Just seems odd, really.