CNET Editors' review
Need an extra reminder for tasks or events? Desktop Alarm Clock from UT Bay is a free Windows utility that instructs your PC to sound an alert at a user-specified time, just like, well, an alarm clock.
The lightweight app needs no installation. Just run it after download and you're ready to go. Setting the alarm couldn't be easier. Pick the alarm sound from any audio file already in your computer or leave a note to yourself regarding the alarm. The small interface can be located anywhere you want it on your screen. You may even opt to hide it, and it will sit unobtrusively on the system tray and reappear only when the alarm goes off.
Desktop Alarm Clock is a nifty little application that can be very useful for individuals who get too engrossed working on their PCs. It's free, easy to use, and could save you from making excuses about being late. The application installs and uninstalls cleanly.
From UT Bay:
Desktop Alarm Clock is a small and fast standalone application. It does not require any registration for download, decompression or installation. Just download it and run it. It takes around 0% of the processor time (you can check it with Ctrl+Alt+Del in your Task Manager) and almost nothing from your system memory. You can set the alarm and hide it in the system tray to free the screen space as well. It will pop up automatically when the alarm goes on.
More Products to Consider
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Place digital clock with customization options and multiple ala...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Bring more attraction and productivity to your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Place a customizable digital alarm clock on your desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Get a speaking clock with skins and alarms.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Schedule musical chimes at desired times, change the display co...
- Set and display a desktop alarm clock.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Set up and customize your personal alarm clock.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Set up an alarm clock on your PC.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Wake up to your favorite music and newspapers.
- Jazz up your desktop with analog/digital clock with beautiful s...
All versions:2.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"MALWARE!!! Do NOT download this garbage!!!"
Version: Desktop Alarm Clock 2.16
NONE -- worthless piece of invasive junk!!!
-- Tried to sneak 2 'offers' into the download process that I had to catch and 'decline'.
-- Actually loaded other crap that I have spent 3 days cleaning up.
-- Reset home pages and default settings on Firefox and IE.
FOR SHAME CNET FOR HAVING THIS ON YOUR SITE!!!
This loaded a search 'engine' called Conduit, changed my HOME pages on Firefox and IE, and changed settings to show THAT homepage on new tabs. It loaded something else call 'Mixi DJ' that calls this Conduit site, and set THAT as the default search engine in Firefox and IE, which I had to undo and remove via 'Manage Add-Ins'. This is an invasive, malicious piece of garbage...do not under any circumstances download this to your computer!!!!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content