CNET Editors' review
DS Clock (64-bit) lets you configure a date and time readout for your desktop, with different color and font options, and more. You can choose to display the time in other time zones, as well, and your clock will automatically check in and readjust at whatever interval you set, so you can be sure it's always accurate. While most computer screens display the time anyway, this app has a few extra features that can be fun to play with.
When you open DS Clock for the first time, you'll be able to select your time zone, as well as how you'd like your date and time to display. For instance, you can have your hours and minutes in 12-hour or 24-hour format, and you can choose a completely numeric date or opt for full or abbreviated days and months. And if you decide you don't like the way your clock looks, it's easy to reset the display and start over. There are also several different fonts and background colors available, so you can mix and match to find the one that you like best or that goes best with your desktop background. Just drag and drop the clock to where you like.
This app has a slightly clunky interface, but it's free, so it's certainly worth a try if you're looking for an alternative to your standard desktop clock and calendar display. It also integrates with some other apps by the same developer, like a calendar app, so that you can set reminders and display upcoming appointments as part of your clock display if you download these other pieces of software, as well.
From Duality Software:
DS Clock (64-bit) is a digital desktop clock that displays variable date, time, and time zone information built from the format string. The program allows you to fully customize its look and feel, and can synchronize your computer's clock with Atomic Time Servers. You can select any combination of date, time, and time zone, pick custom colors and fonts, set custom sound to play at the top of the hour, etc. DS Clock also allows you to show a tool tip window with upcoming reminders of Calendarscope and supports Swatch Internet Time and Stopwatches. Real Westminster chimes are available.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your time with atomic time servers using customizab...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Display custom messages and flash the Scroll or Num Lock lights...
- Plan, schedule, and manage all of your appointments, events, an...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Desktop World Clock with world map. Unlimited number of clocks.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Include redistributables with applications that use synchroniza...
- Edit almost any file in a multimodule hex editor.
- Grab and save objects as they are copied to the Windows Clipboa...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Get an advanced backup and restore solution for photos, music, ...
- Check for dead pixels on your LCD monitor.
- Improve your productivity with desktop customization tools (500...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent Desktop/Taskbar Clock"
Version: DS Clock (64-bit) 2.6.2
Easy to use, very customizeable, quality software
none i could find
Try this one out - it is a great option for those who want more than the standard tray clock.
"Chiming time sync with no hitches"
Version: DS Clock (64-bit) 2.5
Fully customizable time, day, date format without need for gadget dock. Plays chimes of a Westminster grandfather clock on each quarter hour and counts out the hour. You can also insert *.WAV format chimes of your choosing like Rhythm clock tunes.
There are only three slots for *.WAV files on the hour, half hour and quater hour. So the quarter hour *.WAV will repeat at a quarter after and at a quarter till.
This is an excellent desktop addition, with no junk software or problems interfering with the system. It installs clean and problem free. Access to time sync either manual, for greater web security, or automatic is easier and more choices than Windows time sync utility. Fun, chiming each quarter hour to help ease sitting absorbed in the work for too long at a time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content