CNET Editors' review
PhotoDirector is an all-in-one photo editor and manager that gives you complete control over your digital photography workflow. For new users and photography veterans alike, PhotoDirector has robust tools to help you perfect each snapshot.
Intuitive interface: PhotoDirector shares many traits with tried-and-true workflow interfaces like Lightroom. Primary adjustment and management tools are in menus that are aligned to the screen edges. Manual-adjustment sliders give you incremental control over every aspect of your photo file, from standard color-correction, brightness, and noise-removal tools to more perspective-altering adjustments like lens correction.
Filtered management: Get as basic or as granular as you please in organization. You can manage your photo gallery through tags and labels, and you can sort by flags, color, edit status, and stacks.
Performance: Version 5 takes advantage of 64-bit processor-powered machines, which is critical for loading images at higher resolutions, especially when entering Retina and 4K territory.
Varying import times: Our import times varied when importing about 40 raw images. Batch load times were noticeably inconsistent compared to those of other photo editors like Lightroom.
Lens profiles: PhotoDirector lacks some of the more precise lens perspective profiles that Lightroom has. That's not a deal breaker, since most photographers will find 90 percent of their needs met by PhotoDirector's tools. However, for the few who take their discipline more seriously, that lack is a differentiator.
PhotoDirector offers a competitive package with comparable value. It's accessible for photographers of all levels, yet includes enough depth to enable serious photographers to get the most out of their shots.
CyberLink PhotoDirector 5 combines all the features you need for photography in a single workflow -- efficient photo management, pro-quality adjustments and creative photo editing. With native 64-bit support, non-destructive tools, RAW support for popular DSLRs and Ultra 4K slideshow output, PhotoDirector is all you need to turn your photos into works of art.
What's new in this version: Photo Editing Redefined (Regardless of your type of camera or level of experience, PhotoDirector helps you save time, explore your creativity and deliver professional quality results.)
- One application for all your photography needs. PhotoDirector is the only modern photo editor that delivers the trio of collection management, efficient processing & advanced creative photo editing.
- Power under the hood. Enjoy 64-bit performance for PC and Mac versions with strikingly fast import... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Convert video to any of 150 various video file formats.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Edit photos and videos at a professional level.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Play, create, burn, and share all types of digital media conten...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Organize your photos, perfect your shots, and share your memori...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Ink Saver software- by Preton Ltd. for Win 7.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Optimize printer toner and ink consumption and double cartridge...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 75 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Look elsewhere for a good Slideshow program."
Version: CyberLink PhotoDirector 5
Appeared to do pan & zoom for Slideshows
No provision for separate "Chapters" on a Slideshow menu.
Not really free.
Photo editors seem to be relatively happy. I've used Cyberlink many years ago in very basic slideshow preparation but it doesn't appear to have progresssed very much since then. Uninstalling it after 30 minutes may have been an unfair trial.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content