CNET Editors' review
If you own an iPad, iPhone, or iPod, you don't have many options for downloading. You can stick with the closed garden of iTunes or jailbreak your phone and risk bricking it. CopyTrans Manager gives you a safer solution to put songs, movies and even third-party apps on your gadget. It gives you a more user-friendly way to have all your favorite stuff on your mobile gadget.
Though the clean interface won't blow you away, it makes it easy to find the syncing options. Since CopyTrans Manager usually finds your gadget automatically, you can start moving and downloading files right away. Files can be copied from anywhere on your computer using a simple drag-and-drop functionality. This means your entire library can go right on your gadget as long as it's the right file format. Things move a little slower when you're transferring a big block of files, but not enough to be worrisome. Though you'll probably never need it, simply because this program is very easy to manage, there's a huge help section buried in the software itself.
CopyTrans Manager succeeds in every way. It blows iTunes out of the water for most uses by offering more functionality. While it doesn't have any major standout features, it makes for the perfect default media marketplace for iFans. It gives you more control over your gadget without having to take the risks that come with jailbreaking.
With CopyTrans Manager, you can manage iPod, iPad and iPhone without iTunes. You can add, edit, organize and play your songs, videos and playlists. Add songs and apps to iPod, iPad and iPhone without iTunes. It features drag and drop songs and videos to iPod and iPhone, can synchronize iPod instantly, and can apply changes immediately or at any desired moment. Manage and create playlists on iPhone and iPod Touch. Create new playlists on any iPod, rename existing playlists, drag and organize songs into playlists. Play songs directly from iPod on any computer. Install directly on iPod (except iPhone and iPod Touch). Compatible with all Apple devices: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and earlier, iPad Air, iPad 4 and earlier, iPod Touch 1-6G, iPod Nano 1-7G, iPod Video, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle 1-3G.
What's new in this version: Version 1.002 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Recover photos from iPhone, iPad, and iPod to PC and transfer p...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (including encrypted) ...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Manage files on your iPhone or iPad in a windows like explorer.
- Transfer music, videos, photos, messages, and other media from ...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Manage your iPod multimedia library.
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Recover contacts, photos, messages, or any other data from your...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Transfer iPod music, movies, camera roll, picture, voice memos,...
- Fix iPod problems, find and recover missing or deleted iPod son...
- Copy music, movies, playlists from your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPo...
- Transfer, back up, and restore your iTunes library.
- Help in transfering music from any iPhone, iPod or iPad to a Ma...
- Create ringtones for iPhone from MP3 or copy music, videos or p...
- Create iPod backups and restore them to your iPod at any time.
- Create MP3 files from multiple OGG files.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 356 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Revolt and no longer be a slave to Apple iTunes!"
Version: CopyTrans Manager 1.002
Start Copytrans Manager. Connect your Apple device and wait for CopyTrans to recognize it. Drag and drop mp3 and mp4 files from pc or other mp3 player into copytrans. Use the Update command in CopyTrans. Now the mp3s are on your Apple device. Simple as that.
None that I can see.
Awesome. Purchase your mp3s from wherever you choose, not where Apple mandates. Or rip mp3s from your CD collection onto your pc and then transfer to Apple device using CopyTrans.