CNET Editors' review
If you've ever spotted a piece of crucial information while surfing the Internet or reading an e-mail, you might have stumbled trying to find a way to copy it and keep it organized. Anagram claims to be the perfect software for this situation.
The program has a unique interface that takes a trip to the Help menu to understand. However, after some research and experimentation, users should be familiar with Anagram. To activate it, simply highlight some text from an e-mail or Web site and hit CTRL+C twice. This will bring up Microsoft Outlook and Anagram's small window. Anagram's main window displays the highlighted text and offers commands to the right. Users can choose to paste this information as a Contact in Outlook, as an Event in Outlook, as a Task in Outlook, or create a sticky note for their desktop. Depending on the choice, the information fits itself into each of these options, some working better than others.
Anagram is not a perfect program. You'll need every bit of the 45-day trial period to get used to figuring out which option is best for each specific bit of information. In addition, this program probably will only appeal to users who frequently find themselves constantly cutting and pasting info. For those users, this is a great tool for cataloging.
From Anagram Technologies:
Copy2Contact reduces keystrokes and eliminates tedious re-typing and cutting/pasting, saving you precious time and frustration with everyday tasks. With Copy2Contact you can instantly capture new leads, contacts, and appointments into your CRM, contact list, or calendar. You can grab complete lead contact info from search results, contact details from email signatures, appointments from correspondence or online calendars, and more, all without cutting and pasting or retyping details into your organizer or CRM tool. You'll wonder how you lived without Copy2Contact before.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0.2 includes support for Microsoft Outlook 2013, works with Salesforce.com in Google Chrome, has enhanced text recognition and compatibility fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Plan, schedule, and manage all of your appointments, events, an...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Generate a GishPuppy disposable email address easily.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Keep track of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Build calendaring, appointment scheduling, and personal informa...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Download files and subfolders from an FTP site to your hard dri...
- Generate new passwords made from lists of positive and seasonal...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Customize your browser toolbar buttons.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Create online multiple choice Flash quizzes and send reports to...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Get a customizable calendar and record events.
- Move any Palm calendar into Google Calendars, MS Outlook, iPhon...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Maintain a database of addresses and print envelopes.
All versions:4.9 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Can't believe I lived without this"
Version: Copy2Contact 3.0.2
I can't even fathom how much time this has saved me. Worth every penny.
Doesn't do my grocery shopping.
This is one of those things that makes you realize the regular way of doing things all along is a huge waste of time. It really should be built into programs like Outlook because it makes it a lot easier to use. I actually signed up with CNET just to review this. That's how happy I am to not be cutting and pasting contacts any more.