CNET Editors' review
Comodo Internet Security is a free antivirus and PC security solution that combines a number of effective security tools into one easy-to-use package. It's one of the latest challengers to enter the expanding field of free security bundles, with which it shares some important characteristics, such as cloud-based virus scanning and behavior analysis to counter zero-day threats, a sturdy firewall, sandboxing, and anti-spyware -- all controlled from a single access point that takes the guesswork and program-swapping out of the security equation. Each strives to satisfy advanced users and absolute beginners alike. Comodo Internet Security passes all those checkpoints and adds some unique extras, such as the privacy-enhancing Comodo Dragon browser and SecureDNS service that lets you surf safely and maybe faster, too. We've been using Comodo's free firewall app for some time, and it's proved every bit as effective as the better-known free firewalls. It's a major component of Comodo Internet Security.
The program's System Tray icon accesses the configuration files for Internet Security, Firewall Security, and Proactive Security, and four optional Security Level settings: Antivirus, Firewall, Defense, and Sandbox. We'll skip to the chase and state that Comodo Internet Security cleared the bar for all-around security. And, like the standalone firewall, Comodo Internet Security plays well with other security tools, including some large packages. In functionality and performance, it's much like its competitors, all of which share similarities. It scanned our system, updated itself automatically, and sandboxed new apps for checking and approval. Dragon is an excellent Chromium-based browser that integrates with Comodo's SecureDNS service (other browsers do too) to offer enhanced privacy. SecureDNS changed our network settings; we noticed no difference in browsing, though.
When free antivirus programs started offering the same protection and security (and even databases and engines) as premium antivirus software, the big players responded by bundling other security tools, including firewalls, threat isolation, and anti-adware tools designed to protect your PC from a wide range of critical and potential threats. Now Comodo has stepped up its game and upped the level of competition with Comodo Internet Security. It belongs on any short list of free PC security solutions.
Comodo Internet Security 2013 is the free, multi-layered, security application that offers complete protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers. Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Comodo Internet Security combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, application control and anti-spyware in one supremely powerful application. The latest version sees a major leap forward in security and usability with the addition of cloud based virus-scanning and behavior analysis of unrecognized files - making CIS 2013 unbeatable at detecting zero-day attacks. Under default settings, unknown and untrusted files are automatically scanned by our cloud-based virus scanners then, while the file undergoes behavior analysis on our cloud server, it is run in a sandbox on your local machine so that it cannot modify or affect data on your 'real' system. Put simply, this ground-breaking method of protecting your PC means that only trusted applications are allowed to run on your computer. Malware and untrusted files get nowhere near anything important AND you get to use your computer without interruption from nagging alerts. CIS 2013 also features a friendly graphical user interface; granular configuration options; easily understood and informative alerts; wizard-based detection of trusted zones and much more. Comodo Internet Security delivers enterprise class protection and can be used out of the box - so even the most inexperienced users will not have to deal with complex configuration issues after installation. Comodo Internet Security is available in many different languages and is free for life.
What's new in this version: Version 6.1 includes a $500 virus free guarantee (for premium users) plus our patented default deny protection.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC from various harmful threats.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Employ robust two-way firewall protection to stop hackers, spyw...
- Protect your computer from malware of all kind as well as from ...
- Keep your PC protected from all Internet threats, never slowing...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Detect and clean thousands of threats.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Removes viruses and malware from your computer.
- Clean up your system and optimize PC performance.
- Detects malware, privacy issues and registry errors.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect and recover important files on your PC and remove virus...
- Provide 5GB of online backup, antivirus, parental control, safe...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 2,009 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Comodo have Cloud Love Engine :D"
Version: Comodo Internet Security 6.1.2
Its firewall is not only the best free firewall but also it is the worlds no.1 firewall.
Virus and malware protection engine is great, almost protects against 98% of viruses and malwares.
Resource friendly. (low resource usage)
If Comodo adds more attractive visual elements to the interface it will be very good.
Geekbuddy popups is annoying, i didnt install it with comodo or remove it from comodo after installation.
Well done Comodo developers!
my friends usually ask me: "which security I should install?". since 3 years ago, those who I suggest them CISP they satisfied and never ask me about any other security software. they always say thanks to me and i say thanks to Comodo!