CNET Editors' review
Combine a screensaver with a full-screen digital clock display and you have Clock Saver. This free, Flash-based screensaver is small in size but big in impact: You can see its digital display across a very large room. It displays hours, minutes, and seconds as well as AM/PM and the day of the week. Lots of apps do that, you say, and some do more. Sure; but Clock Saver has two things going for it: Its utter simplicity and its retro-cool, low-res digits, which look like something from the Moon Age. You'll need Flash Player to use this screensaver. We tried Clock Saver in Windows 7.
Although screensavers are among the most basic of programs, they can be surprisingly tricky to install and set up, but Clock Saver's one-click process is mostly foolproof. After the installer exited, we double-clicked our desktop and selected "Personalize" to access our screensaver settings and set up Clock Saver's options. But the only option available merely changes the screen resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600; There's no 24-hour clock, no world time, no alarms, and no style or color changes--just a super-easy screensaver that works when you tell it to.
We pressed preview, and Clock Saver's huge blue digits filled the center of our blacked-out screen. Screensavers are a matter of taste, and with so many clock styles to choose from, it boils down to this: Either you like Clock Saver's look, or you don't. We like it a lot. Sure, it's HUGE. That's why we like it. But what we like best is the way it simulates the visible scan lines of a low-resolution numerical display from back in the day. It's just what you'd expect to see flickering on screens in NASA's Control Room. Of course, Clock Saver is free, so if you don't like it, simply delete it. But you could spend a lot of time tinkering with more complicated clock displays and still not come up with something half as cool as Clock Saver.
Clock Savers are free screensavers that look and feel just like a digital clock. Features the current time, AM/PM settings and the current day of the week. Very lightweight file size, comes with a simple one click download and install.
What's new in this version: Version 1.1 updated Flash Engine.
More Products to Consider
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Enjoy flight over ocean in cinematic 3D environment.
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- See a glowing digital clock that appears when your computer is ...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Customize your bootup screen with your own images.
- Animate your desktop with the beautiful 3d space scenes.
- Replicate a falling green matrix code on your dekstop.
- Enjoy this beautiful clocks screensaver.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- View our planet in 3D and get references on countries and citie...
- Decorate your desktop with a fireplace screensaver.
- Display a universe themed screensaver on your monitor.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- View celebratory dance 3D snowflakes on your desktop.
- Decorate your desktop with a winter landscape.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Do not download!"
Version: Clock Saver 1.1
Dr.Web detect Adware.Downware.411? and remove this screensaver to quarantine !
Do not download!
"Is fine if you dont mind the all the other"
Version: Clock Saver 1.1
includes many other programs that you probably sont want.
Nothing more than a spam program..
Why cnet why
analog clock is much betterDO NOT DOWNLOAD
Updated on May 14, 2013
shortly after i downloaded i noticed pop ups and advertizements on sites that were pop up and spam free....Seems the screensaver had a bunch of hitch hiker programs...
THERE ARE NO PROS to this downlaod.....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content