CamUniversal - Is the ultimate solution for all of your video demands. It supports Webcams, Netcams (IP-Cams) (still picture & motion-JPEG & MPEG4-mode) and all video devices which are working with an up to date driver for Windows. Additional it includes a network server client functionality to send the video from all cameras from one server PC to all connected client PCs. The number of cameras is not restricted. For professional and privat surveillance purposes there is a built-in motion detector which has numerous functions. You could select which areas of the video are tested for motion, in which time range, on which days, in which intervals etc. The functions which are started at detection are: video recording (with timestamp), picture capturing, external program execution, log file creation, sound playing, FTP transfer, email sending. Additional there is a scheduler working for all further video demands. The scheduler works in all selectable time ranges and intervals, with so many functions, that every demand is fulfilled. All cameras and all functions are working simultaneous. Easily could the video picture of all cameras be upload to a webpage, or all Netcams within a company's LAN could work as a surveillance system. The integrated network server client functionality makes it possible to view all to the server PC connected cameras at the client PCs. For these remote cameras all functions available too. Addtional CamUniversal has an integrated webserver. So you could easily view all cameras live by simple HTTP request in your webpage. The webserver makes it possible to control the program from remote. You could start/stop the motion detector, the scheduler, the video recording, capture a picture and start an external program. With the integrated media viewer you can view all captured pictures and recorded videos. Multiple languages are supported (english, german, spain, french, italian, turkish, danish, polski).
What's new in this version: Version 4.8.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Turn your PC and camera into a video surveillance system.
- Capture, edit, print, and share photos and videos from your Web...
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Monitor and record from up to 32 IP cameras and up to 4 USB cam...
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Record your videos from connected surveillance cameras with bui...
- Add a POP3 Server to your desktop for various communication nee...
- Get notified to the email alerts and create custom notification...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Record Webcam images and streaming video.
- Watch videos on all computers within your local area network.
- Stay notified whenever there is a size change in the mailbox.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Receive email alerts for your outlook.com, live.com, or hotmai...
- Adjust your Web camera in multiple ways.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Integrate MailEnable with Microsoft Outlook.
- Capture and publish Webcam streaming video and snapshots.
- Convert, edit and compress your digital video for use on your f...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"good trial ver. with 2 cams."
Version: CamUniversal 3.5
good trial ver. with 2 cams just as good as camperm.
good trial ver. with 2 cams too bad everyone wants the almighty bucks!!!
good trial ver. with 2 cams if you use more than 2 cams. you need to buy it!
"I like it."
Version: CamUniversal 3.1
I have tested many webcam software so far and have not found so many functions for this price. Soon I will bought some netcams which the program can also handle.
The scheduler and motion detector have a lot of settings and functions. The webserver function is also interesting. Haven't had problems so far. Easy to install and use.
"Function rich software!"
Version: CamUniversal 3
CamUniversal runs with my AXIS 205 and several webcams without problems.
Easy to adjust all the settings. And there are a lot of them for the motion detector and the scheduler. I use the video network to transfer the video from my main pc to my notebook. If I have created my own webpage I will use the webserver also.
"vista comes with discs that are no good,went to a site to change all devices"
Version: CamUniversal 3
one down load for a web cam buggered up my computer,and am very dissatisified with vista.all the devices that come with them should be already compatible.
"I had many problems with the software."
Version: CamUniversal 3
The trial functionality is very limited. It's impossible to evaluate the product 100% before buying.
The program has problems with the registration and has some bugs.
"Great product, tons of features"
Version: CamUniversal 2.4
I tested CamUniversal and PYsoft's Active Webcam Deluxe. Not only did CamUniversal match all of PY's features, it was more stable, used less memory and cost $30 less! This is a great product for the price. I am using it with a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 as a video surveillance tool. I personally love the webpage and picture capture features but this product can be used for so much more.
I did have one minor issue with the software but I emailed the developer and he fixed the problem in a couple of days.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: