CNET Editors' review
Calendars and Day Planners printed on paper may not be as common as they once were, but they're not going away any time soon, either, to judge by the desks, cubicle walls, and refrigerator doors we've seen lately. Calme is a free tool for creating attractive, top-quality calendars and planners that you can use on your PC or print out on paper. It creates picture calendars with huge, high-resolution images and monthly and yearly planners in a variety of layouts. You can customize your holidays and language, too.
Calme's interface opens with its 12 templates displayed; seven planners and five picture calendars, though we could click the Planners or Picture Calendar tabs to narrow the selection. Following the wizard-based process, we chose a picture calendar that is almost all picture, with a linear date display beneath; a modern, stylish look. It opened in a zoom-enabled main view with tabs for Date (the current date appeared by default) and Holidays, which involved checking a box to display holidays and downloading and selecting a national holiday file from a long list of countries in two available files, 2011 and 2011. Clicking Internet Update refreshed the file list with updated choices. To the left of the main view, a series of buttons gave us control over nearly every aspect of our calendar: Format, Margins, Border, Font, and more. We could make quick changes and preview them instantly or click an Undo button to go back in case we forgot the name of the font we liked four or five fonts back. The Image Editor's slider quickly resized our images to fit the frame, and the toolbar also offers a variety of controls for positioning, cropping, and other fine-tuning procedures. The Print Preview let us avoid major blunders before hitting Print, though we could also save our creation as a calme file (CME). High-quality images and paper produced the best results.
Calme's user interface offers several themes. We'd like to see a borderless view for desktop calendar displays or the ability to save documents in other formats. Calme excels at creating high-quality printed calendars and planners, though.
Calme is made for creating and printing beautifully looking monthly planners, yearly planners and picture calendars in minutes. Creating individual calendars by choosing your own colors, picture themes, fonts, borders and your own personal photos is very easy. You can download holidays right out of the application and display them in your calendars. It is also possible to change your calendar language. Many languages from all over the world are available. Calme is available in English and German. It is free for private and non-commercial use.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Organize classes or schedules, manage assignments and due dates...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- View, organize, enhance, and print the images in the selected d...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Monitor and organize your baseball team's roster changes.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create calendars for your family or friends.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Display and print a variety of calendars and planners.
- Manage your appointments, tasks, notes, contacts, E-mail messag...
- Manage calendars, contacts, tasks, and groups.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create printable calendars with photos or pictures.
- Keep notes of important events, get reminders, and organize you...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- See upcoming events in a yearly, weekly, or monthly format.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Get a personal organizer with over 3,000 calendar refill insert...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content