CNET Editors' review
CallitADay is an easy, inviting app that helps you create an electronic diary, with text, images, and even audio and video recording.
CallitADay's streamlined interface suits its straightforward purpose: the main, three-part window has a calendar (to start an entry, you select the date you want), a sidebar of previous entries (which you can organize by topic and browse as thumbnails, in a grid or Cover Flow-style), and a large editing pane, with controls for zooming, changing fonts and color, and browsing back through previous entries. This main window also has buttons for quickly creating audio and video recordings (with any attached or built-in microphone or camera). CallitADay lets you drag and drop almost any kind of file into an entry--from pictures and movies to files and folders, which get automatic aliases--and it's easy to resize and move objects. The capability to embed files and folders might even make CallitADay a passable productivity tool for some users, letting you add notes (whether written, audio, or video) alongside what you're working on. CallitADay lets you export your entries to Wordpress and maintain a snippet file.
CallitADay may have a limited feature set, but it also has a low price--and its singleness of purpose makes creating diary entries easy and fun. Users have other choices for journaling apps on the Mac, but CallitADay is one of the most affordable and elegant options.
From Expersis Software:
CallitADay is an intuitive and elegant program for creating diaries for home or work use. Use powerful layout features to create beautiful diaries for those valuable memories. Or use it to keep track of work. Mix photos, record audio or include movie files.
More Products to Consider
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- Themeable GTD to-do list app with cloud sync.
- Track and monitor all your income and expenses quickly and easi...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Spoken-word transcription software.
- Get stock market quotes from almost any stock exchange in the w...
- Directly edit the Apple address book database file.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Remind yourself of all important tasks, dates, meetings, etc.
- Gesture-controlled to-do list app that's just plain simple.
- Automatically organize & process your personal info.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Screenshot tool with important features for frequent screen sho...
- Launch apps, files, urls, access notes & addresses.
- Alternative to other mileage tracking apps that require recordi...
- File card app for learning purposes.
- Play all major audio and video formats.
- Puts your calendar directly on your desktop, so it's always ava...
- Personal task management.
- Study tool with multiple choice and flash card testing.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"failed to load"
Version: CallitADay 2.2
Nothing. Couldn't try it.
Waste of time
I'm runn ing OSX 10.6.4 on a 24in iMac but CallitaDay ke[t coming up with an error message when trying to load it. Why do I haveto give it a star?